Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
This mother fucker throwing up gang signs

Had a great time and much needed getaway from the stressors of life. Actually drank more beers tonight than I can remember the last time. Didn’t hunt opening day, shared the day w good friend and ate great meal of deer meat in a Cajun gravy while sitting by a campfire. Was reading my work emails and read that a close friend/coworkers dad has passed and brought me back to reality. I sheaded some tears typing a heartfelt text to him. Hurts as my time is coming as I live that life right now.

Anyway I have a good buzz and fixing to go to bed as we have a big elk hunt tomorrow. Wish us luck.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Braking daylight, walked in blind and settled in next to a slough on the ridge. Only 3 of us hunting where the elk was last seen. Hunter took a newbie to his spot, my buddy Jarrid wanted to hunt the north trail, all together there is 6 of us hunting.

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hunter and his buddy Tyler hunted all day. Tyler got a shot at dark but no mas. Dj went to the property and had 4 does directly behind him and fed off. He will be back in the morning to get his first bow kill.

Me and Jarrid going to kill a mess of squirrels, been 35 years since I’ve hunted them. He loves to eat them.

Oh and Jarrid threw down on some teal, and Lima beans w ham hocks.

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
No one has seen the elk. One of the new hunters shot at a doe at dark and just found hairs. Another one has his gf and hit a doe but they coming back to show me the arrow and we will see if we put pearl on it.

Me and harried made a squirrel hunt and stunk up the woods. I shot at 3 killing one.... I’m using my 22mag and should’ve taken my shot gun. Jarrid killed 2 w his shotgun.

Yesterday evening I went to set lines for catfish. Was tying the first one off after baiting it and I caught a catfish. Thought to myself “oh it’s fucking on”. Well I repaired at dark w no fish caught and the boys went around 9pm and came back empty handed. It can only get better from here lol.