Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Made the best of not so good of a hunt. Killed our limit w a couple tree rats.
4DF1F78B-4E3E-448C-8D8D-A46D0AAA41B6.jpeg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Back in the woods for 5 days. Duck season is closed and only bow open on public. I came to the property to put some feed out an have a sit. 61 degrees and I’m not expecting much. Weather will get worse till Saturday. This weekend is our lottery hunt on the nwr and hopefully we have a safe, successful hunt.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Back in the stand. 50 degrees this morning. Had more bears on cam last night but did get a pick of two different bucks. Let’s see what this morning brings.
On another note, I told Hunter to start running the catfish lines. We’ve caught 10 since last night. Gonna cook a bunch when the crowd gets here Friday night or Saturday. Good luck to anyone trying to get it done.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So driving to the property I caught something in the field next to where I park. It was a car and broken Powerline pole. After the hunt there was a utility truck by the broken off pole. Something was laying in the ditch…..I was hoping it wasn’t one of my good bucks. Turned out to be a est 400# sow.
1F9C321F-04C7-48AD-8E7C-C997F3B5B883.jpeg
968F8068-A100-4B70-95E2-0FAE8515D1EB.jpeg
03F0E927-38A1-415C-940A-E357B67C791D.jpeg
I wanted to cut the head off to do a skull mount but after talking to my taxi he said that’s a big no no. I came back for an evening hunt to maybe shoot a yote on the big field. Was watching 5 deer across the field when I caught something moving in my binos close to be next to the duck pond. It was a yote crossing the field into my property. Hurried up and got my rifle on him as he was moving at a good pace like they always do. Soon as he got in the cross hairs around 220 yards I squeezed off and hit it back. It barely made it to the weeds. I didn’t go look for it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
So driving to the property I caught something in the field next to where I park. It was a car and broken Powerline pole. After the hunt there was a utility truck by the broken off pole. Something was laying in the ditch…..I was hoping it wasn’t one of my good bucks. Turned out to be a est 400# sow. View attachment 141993View attachment 141994View attachment 141995I wanted to cut the head off to do a skull mount but after talking to my taxi he said that’s a big no no. I came back for an evening hunt to maybe shoot a yote on the big field. Was watching 5 deer across the field when I caught something moving in my binos close to be next to the duck pond. It was a yote crossing the field into my property. Hurried up and got my rifle on him as he was moving at a good pace like they always do. Soon as he got in the cross hairs around 220 yards I squeezed off and hit it back. It barely made it to the weeds. I didn’t go look for it.
I wonder if a game warden would’ve given you a salvage permit for the skull.