Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Mississippi.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah I know it’s like a payment plan. But it’s been used a lot thru my boys adventures w theirs.

Makes sense. I used to be pretty good about phones. Now it seems like I can't go 6 months without cracking the screen.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The boy ran in and told me there was a snake in the yard. It was about a 6-foot rat snake. I couldn't get him fast enough before he went up in a hollow tree. I tried to smoke him out using the scent smoker but it didn't work. I was mowing and saw another one heading for the tree. I managed to catch that one which was smaller. Then later I saw a smaller one coming out of the tree. So there were three of them in there that I know of. The big male is still in there.đŸ¤£

63232.jpeg

63234.jpeg
63228.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I took Jessica to Natchez MS for two nights to stay at the Linden plantation bed and breakfast. Such a wonderful town steeped in history. Prior to the war Natchez was the richest city in America with more per capita millionaires than anywhere in the US.

20220708_203353.jpg

The house was built in 1790 and we're staying in Calise's room. Someone left their Netflix signed in so I added a profile. đŸ˜…

20220708_230213.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Finally got this yard tearing up son of a bitch. Slowed him up with the 22 and he got in behind my duck blind panels I had stored against the fence behind the shop. You don't go flipping stuff like that around here with your hands, especially at night in flip flops, so I ran and got an old broken hoe that's basically a hook. Found ya fucker!

20220914_221405.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn! I had no idea there were armadillos in Mississippi…I thought they were in Texas. Are they in Alabama also? While stationed at Ft. McClellan Alabama I saw copperheads, rattlesnakes and scorpions..never an armadillo.
I've seen one in Pensacola, FL. Seen them dead along the road in Alabama. My buddy killed one in TN but I believe it was SW TN, so not far from AL/MS. I think they are more places than we realize.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Damn! I had no idea there were armadillos in Mississippi…I thought they were in Texas. Are they in Alabama also? While stationed at Ft. McClellan Alabama I saw copperheads, rattlesnakes and scorpions..never an armadillo.

Yeah. They were here when I was a kid. Apparently they're expanding pretty quick. The light red is their expected expansion. They're a pain in the ass and tear the crap out of your yard. In one night it'll look like 40 people teed off playing golf out there. The problem is they don't show up every night. It's like they have a pattern they run and it might take a week before they come back. The other problem is they're hard to trap. You can't bait them into a live trap. Since they follow their own paths you have to put up small fencing and guide them to the trap. But that could take a week or more.

Armadillo_range_expansion.png