Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
The big nine ended up skirting me in the bean field. He must have gotten a whiff of the lone doe because he could of cared less about my doe decoy in the food plot. Closest he got was 100 yards.

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
Could’ve been worse… You could’ve seen a 1.5-year-old buck in the morning, saw nothing the rest of the day, and then dropped your brand new bow out of the stand as you were getting down. Sigh

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Saw 8 bucks this morning, some dink forkeys and a couple 6-8 points. One nice borderline shooter about a 130 inch 8 pt.

N wind was horrible for that set and most of them circled down wind of the stand. Which was only 16 feet as one of the sticks was rusted when i hung it in September. Brought in two extra sticks and moved the stand 30 yards south up against a thicket, bumped it up to about 25-27 feet also.

Up in the nosebleed section now. This evening this doe strolled through and wouldn't leave for about 15 min. I had put some evercalm at the base if the tree and she was just hanging around looking for that doe. She came in on the same trail that 130 was on but now its up wind not down.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Dang was hoping to hear about some blood being shed. I am out of town till Wednesday night with the wife celebrating our birthdays and 25th anniversary. I almost had her talked in to hunting to celebrate, but to no avail. I will be back in Ohio Thursday-Sunday.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There will be deer shot tomorrow, I bet!

Love all the pics! I'm planning to get out of bed to watch the show tomorrow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Couldn't hunt. Was able to drive the last 20min or so of daylight. Saw 18 deer. A group of 8, 5, 3, and 2 singles. Not a buck harassing. Does and fawns still together. I think when it breaks loose it is going to be crazy. Hope I'm in a stand when it happens.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good morning guys.

Checks radar.

Back to bed until 7, radar says the rain should stop at 9.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Good luck to everyone going out. Raining like crazy here. Finally back to work and on a normal schedule. Schedule just might allow some afternoon sits but it'll be close.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I drove to Adams county in the rain yesterday morning to hunt with a buddy for a few days.
Hunted last night , saw a dink and passed a 125" eight point .
Waiting on rain to push out then gonna slip in this morning.