Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Everything good??
Yes i still have all my receivers and chains... bow case and everything was still there... dont have any idea what they were up to.
Does anybody on here know exactly what the tresspass laws in Ohio are. Can i press charges based on license plate info???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yes i still have all my receivers and chains... bow case and everything was still there... dont have any idea what they were up to.
Does anybody on here know exactly what the tresspass laws in Ohio are. Can i press charges based on license plate info???
You can file a trespassing report and the officer will have to follow up with the vehicle owner. If they can't provide info as to who was in the vehicle then they get the charge. The problem is to the law its a petty offense, nothing was stolen or vandalized so just a trespassing charge. They'll just say they took a wrong turn and plea it down to a small fine if they don't have a previous record. To them its not really worth the officer or courts time. But you can file a report to get it on record and it kets them know you don't play around. And word travels.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nothing ever goes anywhere with it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Settled in the blind at 1:15 to ride out the rain. I watched a young buck run 2 yearlings out of a thicket near where I'd planned to hunt this evening. I'm on the ground overlooking the best trail in/out of that thicket. It's a nice little sneak attack.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I wanna cry. Wife has jury duty, so I had to come home & run errands. I pulled a card & this scrape is getting hit left & right by a number of bucks in Scrape Alley. This buck was headed my way yesterday & I never saw him. I was maybe 70 yards away, wind was in my favor & I'm moving my climber.

Attachments

• Crap.jpg
    Crap.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 93

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Picked corn to my NW, SW, and S. Sitting along a creek. Bedding north of me. Bigger woods S and SE of me with bedding. I'm on a cruising route. 7-9 does have been hanging out to the north section of me. Hoping a cruising buck slides by tonight. Decoy is out. It is windy. Won't hear much as they'll be walking on grass. Head on a swivel.

djohn9713

I wanna cry. Wife has jury duty, so I had to come home & run errands. I pulled a card & this scrape is getting hit left & right by a number of bucks in Scrape Alley. This buck was headed my way yesterday & I never saw him. I was maybe 70 yards away, wind was in my favor & I'm moving my climber.

That stinks, but I love the file name for the photo. :smiley_clap:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
You can file a trespassing report and the officer will have to follow up with the vehicle owner. If they can't provide info as to who was in the vehicle then they get the charge. The problem is to the law its a petty offense, nothing was stolen or vandalized so just a trespassing charge. They'll just say they took a wrong turn and plea it down to a small fine if they don't have a previous record. To them its not really worth the officer or courts time. But you can file a report to get it on record and it kets them know you don't play around. And word travels.

Good info

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Just had first decoy experience with a 2yr old cruising. Pretty cool to watch. Now if a big boy would do the same but come a tad closer.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Just had a piebald doe and 2 fawns come by . First one I've seen while actually hunting . Got so busy watching I decided not to shoot.