Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Floki

F me!!!!! Something scared deer out of the bedding area and there was a stampede! But instead of coming to the back of my property, they ran to the woods on the other side of my neighbors house. There were at least 20!....and they took all of the deer that were in front of me with them!

Dammit!!! That’s a shit ton of deer.

Reactions: Concordmeadowsfarm

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Snuck out & snuck in!
2018-12-08 16.05.21.jpg
This beats shopping all afternoon any day of week for me.

Good luck to whomever is at it this evening!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Dammit!!! That’s a shit ton of deer.
I got a lot of deer bedding in a thick patch of woods next to my neighbors house. Last year a friend of mine sat my blind and saw 40+ deer per day. He was after a big eight and only saw does and small bucks. This is the one that I’m after this year.....still have black powder season in January.
9F4B0826-B504-4622-B91B-74AB540ADA64.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Three antlerless deer popped up out of the CRP, headed towards me somewhat & one coyote at the creek bottom this evening.

All seen within the last 30 minutes & all just barely out of bow range.

I'll be back at it again tomorrow looking for almost any beast with antlers at this point.

Good night 'TOO'ville!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Three antlerless deer popped up out of the CRP, headed towards me somewhat & one coyote at the creek bottom this evening.

All seen within the last 30 minutes & all just barely out of bow range.

I'll be back at it again tomorrow looking for almost any beast with antlers at this point.

Good night 'TOO'ville!
Gonna shoot ya a west Virginia 11 pointer?

Reactions: Joel and Isaacorps

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Two years ago I shot my buck 20 yards away with a buddy heater running. It was like -10 so the roof was steaming and ice was melting off the top then refreezing.... several deer came by and not one seemed bothered by the heater running. Have had other deer get close too and not act skittish but that hunt stands out and I’d never be afraid to use a heater, atleast the portable buddy heater. Shot my 2014 buck with the heater running too come to think of it.

Reactions: Sgt Fury