Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20181216_114614.jpg

Yeap, it's a Tactacam 5.0

I'm already at the furthest Northeast part of the property now.

I have a crosswind coming from the NW of about 9 mph & 200 acres of 6-8' tall CRP ahead of me.

Taking a breather at moment before I walk that.

After this, I'm heading home for lunch.

Attachments

• 20181216_114345.jpg
    20181216_114345.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 524

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got some chores done at lunch and settled back in the same spot as this morning around 2. Cam pull showed a shooter moving regularly when temps were below freezing, not so much when it is warmer, so no big expectations tonight. Probably just be BBs and a spike.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
2018-12-16 15.31.15.jpg

My stage for the evening.

Man it feels good to sit again after the afternoon 'Still Hunt'.

No deer seen yet and still no shots since this morning.

One excellent discovery during my afternoon hike through the CRP field is the within a week old buck tree rub.
20181216_121702.jpg

It wasn't there a week ago when I did the same hike.

His bed is right beside it 'TOO'!

I'll get a TC in the area as soon as I can.

He also has a nice worn trail going through here as well.

Good luck gang!

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Skunked yesterday.
This morning slept in. Saw 3 does running when I grabbed fire wood from the porch.
Hiked/ still hunted 2 ish miles at Burr Oak, saw a lone doe (maybe button buck).
Sat on my farm tonight, saw my regular mommy doe with twins and two other foes later. No bucks... our doe herd is down so we haven’t shot does past year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thought it was gonna happen for a bit there tonight. Had a small 7 pop out into the same beanfield at 4:53 that’s been getting all the attention right before dark. He kept looking back into the timber from where he came out of and the doe and big buck did last Sunday night at that time. After he browsed and walked away at 5:25 I saw 3 doe quickly made their way out into the beans as if right on nocturnal cue. It happens like that more and more these days. Even if there's not much shooting. It's like they hear a shot then they become nocturnal. I had shots at all four deer tonight at least.

Reactions: brock ratcliff