Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm back as of 30min ago. Observation sit as much as anything. Trying to narrow down Bubba's buck. Love to see Cousin Bubba get him in a couple weeks. That said, I won't pass if he presents a shot. Looking SW into standing corn with a thicket on other side of it 100yds away. I suspect Bubba's buck is bedding there. WSW wind tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_161609.jpg
    IMG_20181021_161609.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 137

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with ya. If that damn 3.5 year old 9 point comes through. He's getting a Grim Reaper
Yep. 3 or 4. I don't care at this point. I have work to do. Plus I get pleasure out of helping others get deer. I've found a bit of balance. Used to log ridiculous hours pursuing a deer or two. Now I'm just thankful for that "pretty darn good" deer. I'm not a mid 130s snob. Lol

Well, while I only saw a little forkhorn, one of my good friends, who was only about 400 yards away from me, had his own "mini rut" in the woods. Send me pictures of 6 different bucks, including one who he is going to regret not shooting, chase some does around. Very entertaining. Glad he saw a ton of deer. This cold weather should get the big boys starting to cruise within the next couple weeks. Pumped.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Qback5

Yes. I often thought so was just having kind games, but I was convinced while scouting for late duck season last year in November. It would have been right around the rut, and on the walk in I swore I smelled tarsal. On walk back, I smelled it again in a different spot, it was a little. Tighter in the morning and sure enough there was an 8 point making his rounds, upwind from me.

Any one ever think they smell deer

Reactions: Clay Showalter