Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I must say, it was a real fun day in the stand compared to yesterday being in the blind.

I really enjoyed today's hunt!

Seen deer at 7, 8, 9 & 10 o'clock this morning.

Broke for lunch at 11 and got back out at 3.

Seen deer again at 4, 5 & 7 this evening.

A total of a dozen deer seen in today's hunt.

8 of them were within bow range and the others were well off into the CRP field.

More than half of them were bucks and only one of them would've made me think about picking up my bow if he got any closer to me, but he didn't.

I'll be back at it again tomorrow, but at a different setup.

Good night 'TOOville'!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hunted this morning till 11 and saw one lone 1.5 year old 8 cruise through 35 yards out skirting a doe bedding area. Headed back out at 3 after getting some things done around the house. Saw a potential shooter hit a scrape 150 or more yards across the field at 5 and a small 6ish point buck cut in below me at 35 yards heading along a creek bottom. It was great getting back out today!
Good luck everyone and be safe out there!

We've been missing a buck we called Scraggle for over a year, assumed he was shot by a neighbor. But much to our happiness, he showed up and got much bigger. Can't wait to get a crack at him!
IMG_20181102_212945.jpeg

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
Isaac got to see action. Primos can brought in a wired up button buck. Followed an hour later by a doe being chased. Then a shooter 8 pt. I had the 8 pt at 10 yards, broad side, line up my shot. Bong. String on crossbow hit my left thumb(ouch) at for grip; arrow went wacky, buck jumped... He hung around in brush out side of shooting range for a bit. Super bummed. Nice dark chocolate rack 8 point... maybe next time. Can’t believe I did that... 🤔

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
A doe and two fawns tonight, nothing harassing them. Great night nonetheless. The fields were holding a ton of water.

Attachments

• 20181102_174550.jpg
    20181102_174550.jpg
    446.3 KB · Views: 134

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Drove by one of the farms I hunt which is prone to flooding.... Yeah, it was a lake in the lower field along the creek... Won’t hunt that for about a week...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Isaac got to see action. Primos can brought in a wired up button buck. Followed an hour later by a doe being chased. Then a shooter 8 pt. I had the 8 pt at 10 yards, broad side, line up my shot. Bong. String on crossbow hit my left thumb(ouch) at for grip; arrow went wacky, buck jumped... He hung around in brush out side of shooting range for a bit. Super bummed. Nice dark chocolate rack 8 point... maybe next time. Can’t believe I did that... 🤔

I thought I lost my thumb when it happened to me. I also seen it happen and it looked worse than mine. It was Shiney Black with Purple and Red streaks in it. If you can use your thumb today...be grateful!