Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Good luck to all you turd wrestlers trying to get it done in a stand this morning.

Some people have to work so you fuggars can hunt! [emoji1617]

Reactions: Dustinb80

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Picked my buddy Jimmy up at 5:30 and came to the farm. Smoked up, geared up and headed to paradise shortly after 6. He's in the platform blind overlooking the clover plot at K's Spot. Standing corn and acorns all around the funnel he's covering.

I made it to 50 yards from my ladder stand on the North Ridge and bumped 2 deer. One was definitely a doe as she snorted 7,000 times. The other took 3 bounds and never made a noise. It/He also laid there for 5 minutes with me at 20 steps while I waited for her to stop blowing a move off. Makes me think buck. I can still here deer milling around below me in the ravine. I'm overlooking a great trail through the oak flat. Little rub line crosses in front of me from my 10 o'clock to my 5 . All shots are chip shots here. I can hear acorns hitting the ground.

Legal light was 6:50. Still can't see much here. Probably be actual sunrise time until I can. Perfect N wind pushing my scent over the bottom below and the thermals will carry it on to the heavens.

Good luck and be safe fellers!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
First sighting of the year was a little 3-point at 7:11. He was inside 20 before I ever heard/saw him with the wet leaves on the ground and all the foliage still on. He got skittish and bounded off with a snort after looking me over real good. I was just thinking that I need to move this stand somewhere with more cover. Guess that confirms it!

His short was met with a few more from the doe I bumped earlier. Tad bit of a shit show this morning, but I didn't forget anything!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
In Stand as well. Drove backroads last night and saw the most deer in fields I’ve seen since early 2000s! Really was nice to see that many deer and a nice 130s buck!!

This morning in stand in a pine ridge, with oaks on both sides. Almost no wind here and temp is cool.

Hard to believe season is here again!