Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2018-19

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
2018-12-10 14.48.07.jpg

27* w/ a mild North wind currently.

I'm hunting in an area with my climber that I haven't hunted since my last deer harvest back on October 17th.

This was also where I had my first decent mature buck encounter of the season.

I have no real indication really that anything will appear tonight, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

At worst, I'll get some decent scouting in cause I can glass a fairly long ways from here.

Yesterday,,,

I seen the same three does pop right up out the same area within that CRP field @4:45 approximately 100 yards away initially.

In a quick fashion, they headed straight towards a cut corn field.

That's another reason why I'm giving this location a try this evening I suppose.

It's cold and I believe the deer are scrounging for some easy food.

Good luck to whomever is hunting this evening!

Floki

I just asked my kid if he wanted to go out for evening hunt. He looked at me like I was nuts. Needless to say we are going out tommrow. Hopefully he gets to actually see a deer. If we’re super lucky and it’s deaf dumb half blind he may get to shoot the bow.

If by chance that happens,I think he will get his first deer.

Floki

Well as planned went out with the boy tonight. Agin we saw nothing. This was by far the best hunt we have had. He sat still was quite I have no complaints. He done everything damn near perfect. Unfortunately the stars didn’t align. I did tell him at season end if the squirrel is still hanging around I will let him shoot it. May happen before then. I dunno tho.
He was aiming at it saying pow etc. with a whisper. I want to to learn tho your hunting deer not squirrels etc (sorta happy it is around gives him practice looking through scope)

Needless to say time well spent.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
2018-12-12 07.41.33.jpg
I woke up way early this morning so I decided to go ahead and sit in one of my hangons.

32* very calm & quiet w/ virtually no wind.

I watched our regular 6 point wake up at approximately 7:20, roughly 35 yards away from me and casually grazed off further East, down into the lower CRP field.
20181212_072537.jpg

He's in both photographs.

Good luck to whomever is hunting today!