Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
Hey your not grocery shopping. In youth gun season ,let him know them 3 shots were a miss. The good thing about it is. It’s never a given.Every body misses. A miss is better than a wound. Everyone who has hunted long enough knows it happens. Tell him some stories of your experience when ya missed or wounded one.

It wasn’t successful but in many ways it was.

Really great point. I told him about my misses and told him it’s why we call it hunting, not killing. :)

Floki

I’d also tell him about the worst of worse. Wounding one. It’s a crappy feeling but a bad miss is way better!

Bowkills

Nw oh
drove around an hr and a half tonight to see a doe and a fawn is all. But did see a buck from my yard I'd shoot come out right at dark make a scrape.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yesterday evening... had a button buck right at the base of my stand. He moved on through and a second one showed up in the same place. the first one was about 50 yards ahead and saw his brother and came running back like, "hey, where ya been?" They started frolicking around like a damn Bambi movie. Made me laugh.

That was all I saw. That did NOT make me laugh.

Buckkillr

Athens
Had a small 6 just come by with nose on the ground. He went in a thicker and searched around Abit and came back out and moved on.
So many 15yd broad side shots he gave up, if only he had another 50 inches up there

Reactions: Outdoorsfellar

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Back in business from different direction, over in front of my ground blind ...

20191030_084515.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
At the least the deer are here. In the house & went up to throw some 'dogs in the mirco. Looked out & saw 4 deer cutting across into the thicket out back. Surely a buck must be following. Went out & sat at the corner of the shed only for the dog from back in come over bark his head off at me. I hate barking dogs.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
2 hours & 2 miles later after leaving out the back of my workshop and hiked it all the way here, I'm finally settled into a good tree with a fresh scrape 30 yards away. Brought the tree umbrella cause it just started raining.
2019-10-30 14.00.02.jpg

Clear on the furthest East side of the property. We'll see what happens.

Good luck to whomever is huntin today!