Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Been pourin since 3:45 and hasn't stopped yet. Weather man says that its supposed to quit here @6 for an hour or two. It's starting to get a little foggy too.

Seen one decent buck way out into the CRP field due West/my left, heading South @3:50. That's all the deer I've seen so far.

I'll tell ya, these tree umbrellas are worth their weight in gold cause I'm bone dry including everything else except my bow. I didn't bring any other rain gear with me, just the umbrella.
20191030_165937.jpg

djohn9713

Been pourin since 3:45 and hasn't stopped yet. Weather man says that its supposed to quit here @6 for an hour or two. It's starting to get a little foggy too.

Seen one decent buck way out into the CRP field due West/my left, heading South @3:50. That's all the deer I've seen so far.

I'll tell ya, these tree umbrellas are worth their weight in gold cause I'm bone dry including everything else except my bow. I didn't bring any other rain gear with me, just the umbrella.
View attachment 88849

Every time I'm in the stand and it starts raining I wonder if they make an umbrella for trees. Now I know to go buy one before I forget!

Jamie

Ohio
yes, tomorrow is going to be a big day. all of the permanent scrapes that I'm aware of on my place have been opened now. rubs showing up daily. this cold will get them fired up, methinks. yesterday morning I had a nice buck come by dogging a doe pretty hard and grunting. had another decent 8 come through clearly in search mode. I got to sleep in today, too. up at 5:20.(n) hard to stray from my hunting sleep schedule once I'm on it.

Bowkills

Nw oh
The rain is about out of here for me. The wind did an almost 180. Supposed to have northeast winds all day switch after dark but it's west southwest now. Something to think about maybe for u guys to the east that are hunting tonight.