Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2019-20

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I saw 7 bucks this morning and no does. A couple 3 year olds that I'm hoping will make it another year but if they keep walking around in the daylight that won't happen. All the bucks but one were feeding...a 2 year old 8 was cruising.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'll spare everyone from all the drama.
20191120_125454.jpg

This happened right after my first post about the bedded deer nearby (Two 9pts & a hot doe) and I was stuck in my tree until they moved.

I had to go get my pickup from the tire shop because I had new tires & shocks put on and they called me saying it was done.

Anyways,,,

Basically, right when I was about to climb down regardless that I had those three deer bedded within 50 yards of me and my bow was already on the ground, this large button showed up from the East/my right, downwind from me at 30 yards.

He was about to wind me.

So, when he turned behind some trees, I quickly pulled back up my bow, nocked an arrow real quick and shot him at 30 yards, which woke up all the other deer around me and they all immediately left the area.

Now I'm about to dress him out.

He didn't quite make to the South creek, about 60 yards and crashed down the hill from where I shot him.

Should be an easy drag for me along our creek straight into the back of my property, 170 yards away.

There are still deer in the area as I type this, I can hear them just yards away.

It's a great day to be out!

Good luck fellas!!