Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
20201015_171329.jpg

Got company....

Bowkills

Nw oh
The blue circle is where I have easy access and have my ground blind and where I cleared the shooting lane. The woods on the left hide a creek that drops down about 15 feet on both sides. It runs the entire length of the north to south woods and is the property line between the farm I hunt on the right and the farm on the left owned by someone else. The red circles are where the deer are bedding in the corn and I have lots of activity on camera. The blue circle where I hunt is a choke point and the deer pass through to go north and south across the road in the bottom of the picture. All the green on this map is actually standing corn this year. This satellite image is old and shows soybean.
View attachment 111486
There's some awsome looking ground all around there. I'd probably sit on those bends to shoot down the end rows and edge where the corn is usually shitty.

djohn9713

Just returned from 5 days on the property we hunt. My younger son and I each took a buck. He beat his old man with an 8-pointer while I managed a 7-pointer. The 7-pointer was interesting. It was a double-lung shot, but no blood where he was shot and no blood trail at all. Just a small pool of blood where he dropped, about 70 yards away. I've never seen a double-lung go without any kind of trail.

We did not see many deer for the second year in a row at this property in Holmes county. Not sure why. Hopefully next year the numbers increase a bit. Even if I don't get a deer, I still like to see them moving around the property.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Just returned from 5 days on the property we hunt. My younger son and I each took a buck. He beat his old man with an 8-pointer while I managed a 7-pointer. The 7-pointer was interesting. It was a double-lung shot, but no blood where he was shot and no blood trail at all. Just a small pool of blood where he dropped, about 70 yards away. I've never seen a double-lung go without any kind of trail.

We did not see many deer for the second year in a row at this property in Holmes county. Not sure why. Hopefully next year the numbers increase a bit. Even if I don't get a deer, I still like to see them moving around the property.
What broadhead were you using?