Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Time for tree therapy.
IMG_20201017_075207402.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20201017_074908.jpg

Two at first light just to my NE within 20 yards, but I couldn't make'em out, still too dark. Few momments later, another few more came and went from the same area to the same place, still too dark to tell. Now it's real calm and quiet, but it does like something big is moving about below me, down the hill a ways and I thought I just heard a buck grunt.

So anyways, that's what's happened/happening so far in my neck of the woods. No wind yet either.

Good luck to whomever is out!

Edit: 4 skinheads just crused thru as I finished up this post @60 yards. They're headed down the hill that you see in the photo still on the move.

Last edited:

djohn9713

Guessed it before i saw the reply. Shot them last year with a similar experience. Still shooting them, sharpened them myself. I’ll say they fly true, give you pass through and kill the deer but the blood trails leave a lot to be desired.

We've used them for years. It was the first time we didn't have a blood trial. Thankfully he went down on the far side of an open field so he was easy to track. I will be spending the offseason doing a bit of research on other options for crossbow heads. I'm not a fan of the mechanical, but maybe I just need to suck it up.

Reactions: Cogz
We've used them for years. It was the first time we didn't have a blood trial. Thankfully he went down on the far side of an open field so he was easy to track. I will be spending the offseason doing a bit of research on other options for crossbow heads. I'm not a fan of the mechanical, but maybe I just need to suck it up.
I’ve used the G5 fixed blade broadheads for years and won’t shoot anything else. They are not fancy in any way, but they definitely do the job. I shoot the 100 gram broadheads.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Send me your address...I'll sendyou a free sample.