Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
First sit of the season, back in Ohio and saw 7 total. 5 little yearling doe and 2 small bucks searching. 1 was a fork horn the other a small basket racked 6 point. One of the little does bedded down wind of me about 40 yards out. Texted my buddy too walk the tree line down @1100 too shoe her away 😂
Worked like a charm, she stood up and walked away when he was 100 yards away... He never saw her and she never blew... 👍🏼
Broke for lunch, heading back out @1.
Good luck fellas!!!!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
So, I got to my climber & tree all steathy and shit, up into climber super quiet and about 10' off the ground when I see an adult doe looking my direction, standing there perfectly broadside @35yrds. to the East, at the bottom of the ridge trying to figure out what the heck is on top of that ridge on the other side of that honeysuckle shrub moving slowly.

(She's in the middle of my best shooting lane.)
20201112_123006.jpg

She then heads to the top of the ridge, to the SE @25yrds., never looking back in my direction, but I knew she was going to circle me to try to wind me.

Sure enough, she goes back down to the bottom of the ridge on the South side, turns NW @30yrds., sniffing around a little bit.

I captured it on video and you'll get to see that she never winded me as she continued heading slowly to the NW, back on top of the ridge, to the NW, then heads into the wild overgrown open field, where many of deer bed during the day, which is like 70 yards right behind my barn, near the main creek.

I figured she was going to complete the circle, back to the North, but she never made it.

So, there you go, it's now proven that you can still climb into your tree within a climber, with deer in the area, within bow range, somewhat undetected, and not spoil your area.

I'm now settled in for the rest of the day with no problems :cool:

She's most likely within a 100 yards of me still, bedded. Hopefully she draws out Mr. Big later.

Last edited:

Schu72

Streetsboro
Snake bit, or so it seems. After my morning mishap, I decided to check a cam at the big farm during lunch. Wouldn't you know it....there was a solid buck bedded with a doe right on the field edge 25 yards from my cam. Decide to let that cool off until tomorrow. Go to get up in the stand at mom's and a fucking squirrel chewed my gear rope in half.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We back in. I moved two stands for the boys. Wind changed so I put up 2 ground blinds where I have been seeing them. Wind is good for all of us now coming out of the NE. They look like cedar trees out there. My stand is facing due west and sun shines on me all day except early morning. 65 degrees right now.

Last edited:

Jal5

Saw8 total this AM. All antlerless. A few were in shooting distance but I am holding out there must be a good buck in there! Except for two who busted me early none were acting nervous at all.
Joe

Reactions: giles and xbowguy

Bowkills

Nw oh
I don't know what to do. Spot and stalk or sit blindly. Big ones in open country r being killed. The one we tried for earlier was a biggin but didn't come close. 6 does in the wide wide open across from my house currently are vearing toward my house. All those deer smells I'd bet a buck will be along sometime to harass them.