Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE from the stand 2020-21

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Beautiful, but boring sit. It's walkabout-thirty. Word on the street is the girls went to the local bakery. Did someone say donuts?!?

tenor_12662023_mediumgif_198751104826835.gif

Fletch

Supporting Member
Hey Brock, don't worry Mason is going to take you under his wing and teach you all there is to know about deer hunting....

As for the hat... Once you make it to the 200 inch club you can wear any damn hat you want... Looks like an angry beaver....:ROFLMAO:

Looks like Mason has company in the 200 inch catagory as a young lady shot a giant in Kansas recently... Hmm maybe make a good match for Mason...:unsure:

Bowkills

Nw oh
So it's kind of polite if u see deer or group of deer crossing the road in your truck heading toward a hunter in this case me, to observe and hang back let said hunter possibly get a decent shot. Nope put it to the floor run up try to see this 110 in 8pt and four does up close!!!!! So the deer veered some from the nice roar and approach of the dodge and they reached top sprint speed going by said hunter in range if not running 35mph. I love slug law.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I heard more shots today from daylight until 1 45 than all of the hrs I sat first week of gun law. I drove around at sunset and still saw deer running about so I'll give it another go the the am.

Reactions: 5Cent

whitetailjunky3

I heard more shots today from daylight until 1 45 than all of the hrs I sat first week of gun law. I drove around at sunset and still saw deer running about so I'll give it another go the the am.

Good luck man sucks what happened earlier today I’ll be sitting at work keep me posted if ya tag something!

Reactions: 5Cent

Scarlet&Gray

S.E. Ohio
After a few weeks busy with work travels I finally got to sit again. Took my bow which is probably the dumbest thing but didn't expect to see much.

Kicked up 6 does going back and about 4pm had a parade of does all over the woods. Saw a decent buck a little after. Then about 4:40pm I saw a large buck walk out into the field and browse around. The tines looked extremely tall and huge body. Now if only I had my muzzleloader to reach out there. After browsing a bit he walked down the middle of the field stopping every so often. By the time he was a little speck I could see he broke into a run.

Hoping to see him again in the morning. Not sure where to sit, the safest stand for the wind or the closest to the bedding areas.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Debating on whether to sit tonight or not. Decent cross wind at best, have one shooter on cam that showed up for the first time ever a few days ago, showed up around 5 yesterday evening with the same wind. I have limited time to hunt this season, but I’m wondering if I should wait to try and slip in on a wind that’s totally not in his favor when those temps drop at the end of the week, or if that’ll have him bedded later with the wind not being advantageous for his approach. He hasn’t been around enough to know exactly where he is coming from either...

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Debating on whether to sit tonight or not. Decent cross wind at best, have one shooter on cam that showed up for the first time ever a few days ago, showed up around 5 yesterday evening with the same wind. I have limited time to hunt this season, but I’m wondering if I should wait to try and slip in on a wind that’s totally not in his favor when those temps drop at the end of the week, or if that’ll have him bedded later with the wind not being advantageous for his approach. He hasn’t been around enough to know exactly where he is coming from either...
Maybe sit back and gather more intel. Or you could go sit in this cold rain. I'll be in garage tonight, swing by for a beer.

Scarlet&Gray

S.E. Ohio
The craziest amount of deer ive seen at one time filtered through. Probably 20 or so with 5-6 being bucks of all sizes. Something at the front of the woods scared them back towards me and they milled around on edge. Every move i made felt like a pair of eyes were on me. At least one decent buck without a shot. They stampeded out into the open field after awhile