Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Bowkills

Nw oh
Went home made a thermos of coffee filled pockets with food went back he breed her then defended her from a small buck for 30mins then they all walked off to cover he pushed her out of like nothing happened.

Reactions: xbowguy

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Here's whats left of his heart...almost hamburger already.
20211113_130615.jpg
20211113_130404.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
Fairly certain that I just spotted 'THUNDER' just now, approximately 75 yarrds SE of me, slowly walking alone headed South, nose to the ground. Now within the thick honeysuckles. Not sure what direction headed at this second. If so, he's on his feet and very close.

He's in the middle right nearest to the thick stuff of this photo, straight ahead.
20211113_145534.jpg

Photo edit of same above. Not the greatest I know.
20211113_145534.jpg

Hasn't popped out anywhere that I can see yet...

Last edited:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
CONGRATULATIONS CHAD!!!! Way to get it done again buddy!!!
How far was shot? Couldn’t have picked a more prime time to hunt that field either!🤗👍🏻
He came back out of that corn about 30 minutes after I first saw him go in. When I first saw him he was about 50 yards away. Had corn stalks hanging from his rack. He was walking quartering away from me upwind and moving along at a fairly quick pace. I pulled gun up and shouldered it off my knees because I had to get above the weeds I was sitting in. First shot hit him low in the brisket/chest area. He took off running away from me. 2nd shot pretty sure I missed. He stopped about 140 yards away and the 3rd shot was offhanded into the wind and took out his heart. He ran about 30 yards and dove head over heels into the ditch I was sitting on. I ran down that way after I didn't see him come back out of the ditch and found him taking his last breath right in the water at the bottom of the ditch. He is definitely bigger than I expected. Reverse ground shrinkage is a good thing!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County
Fairly certain that I just spotted 'THUNDER' just now, approximately 75 yarrds SE of me, slowly walking alone headed South, nose to the ground. Now within the thick honeysuckles. Not sure what direction headed at this second. If so, he's on his feet and very close.

He's in the middle right nearest to the thick stuff of this photo, straight ahead.
View attachment 140064

Photo edit of same above. Not the greatest I know.
View attachment 140065

Hasn't popped out anywhere that I can see yet...
It's him and he just bedded about 25yrds closer to me, exactly 84yrds away. I was off on my first estimate.

20211113_162939.jpg

20211113_162939.jpg