Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

Bowkills

Nw oh
20211120_075616.jpg
id lost alot of money this am. Skunked. Turkey party after bit so hunt wont happen until tomorrow. There will be 4 combines here sometime today or tomorrow guessing are going to miss it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Congrats @the Lackster!

We bailed at 10 due to a terrible wind and growling stomachs. Indoor soccer and 1 and pics after, probably keep us out of the woods this evening. If the rain holds off, we'll hunt the AM tomorrow, but we'll have to be very selective on shots. We shall see.

Good luck to everyone gridning it out this weekend, especially the next generation of TOOzers!

twireman

Kingston, OH
We left about 10 as well. Fun hunt. No shots! First light two small bucks came In and fed (no buck tag). Next, 12 hen turkeys came through. While the turkey were feeding a loud snort came from behind us (blind window closed looking that way). Big doe had winded us with another yearling in tow. Seen 3 more walking out.

Ohio
Daughter opted to sleep in this morning. We went out this evening and saw 5. Had a 6 point and two doe that were close enough for a shot. She decided that she wasn’t going to shoot a doe. I think buck fever got her when the 6 point scooted past. I stopped him once but she couldn’t get him in the scope. Had a blast. Think we’ll be out in the morning.

Attachments

• 00A85039-610D-471D-8047-787A58528E7C.jpeg
    00A85039-610D-471D-8047-787A58528E7C.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 84

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's youth weekend ? There's never any shooting happening. Gun seasons are pretty much non existent in the immediate area. I was out till 0830 this am & doe & 2 fawns cut across out in front of me going somewhere else. Went back out as State game was ending. Ended up messing w/ batteries of one cam & walked right by a doe & fawn behind the house. Nothing was moving.

Reactions: the Lackster