Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I predict IKS threads next weekend. 10-15 degree temp drop Friday into Saturday. Entering second half of a October. First drop we've seen. I'll be spending time with my daughter for her birthday. She is coming home from college. Just believe we are going to see an increase in tag usage within the next 5-7 days.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I predict IKS threads next weekend. 10-15 degree temp drop Friday into Saturday. Entering second half of a October. First drop we've seen. I'll be spending time with my daughter for her birthday. She is coming home from college. Just believe we are going to see an increase in tag usage within the next 5-7 days.
Look at the moon and temps. Bucks will be moving next weekend

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Naturally, we have 2 soccer games and a birthday party next weekend. 😑
I'm feeling your pain. I was waiting for the work load to lighten and temps to drop before buying a tag. This upcoming weekend was going to be it. Until I was reminded of our daughter coming home. Priorities need to be family first. They haven't always been when it comes to hunting. Need to soak these moments up more now than ever. They aren't as frequent.

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Have been settled in for about 20 minutes in the same tree on public that I shot that doe out of a couple weeks ago. Two new scrapes, preexisting scrapes are freshly opened it appears as well. Strong wind from the SE, S and SW which is fine if the deer are bedding where I think they are/ have been. 15mph has these acorns absolutely dumping. Hoping for a mature buck, but will more than likely take another doe if she offers a chip shot. Good luck to anyone else out fighting mosquitoes and sweating their asses off!

whitetailjunky3

I was all excited till I looked at over time calendar and seen I work 9 to 9 both days. Cough cough I think I’m getting sick lol

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Very productive sit. Started out with a squirrel almost jumping on me, then had a small 4 pt browsing behind me for a half hour. He slipped off about the time two mature does and their 4 fawns started into the oak flat and started browsing. The fawns were bleating and rip racing around and grab assing. One of the mature does chased them and got down wind, she nervously browsed for a while. A basket 6? stepped out and also heard another deer cough. Confirmed 9 deer in my immediate area but no mature bucks. The one doe that was down wind eventually got fed up with smelling me and stiff walked off until I couldn’t see her anymore then started “hissing 😉” at me and they all split. Would like to give it at least a week or two to calm back down but feel the need to get back in there this Saturday with that temp drop. That should have them moving earlier and hopefully some serious buck deers on their feetz.

Last edited:

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
16340751276567531514342253639815.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
First hike and hunt in probably two years and it was like a monkey fucking a football. The wind is everywhere in here this evening and I'm sitting at the top of a bowl. Finally got tired of lugging that stand and sticks and just picked a tree. Got the first stick on and looked up and it was a dead ash. Sumbisch. Moved about 20 yards and found a good tree on this oak flat. If I kill a deer in here it'll be one that somebody shot its nose off. I have killed a deer in this bowl before though, so we'll see. Right now I'm just enjoying the time in a tree.
Screenshot_20211012-173203_onX Hunt.jpg
20211012_164257.jpg
20211012_164239.jpg

AH2319

Western PA
Sorry for not posting updates guys! Been busy at work haha. I haven’t been back to hunt since opening weekend. My buddy went last Friday, he shot a small 6 at 5 yards on the ground. Not what he was looking for but been hunting for 3 years in Ohio with no luck so he got excited haha. I was supposed to go back with him Saturday night but he had to work and I didn’t wanna drag a deer 1.5 miles alone😂. Of course our #1 hitlister walked 30 yards past my tree in day light Saturday evening…. I will be back this weekend for the weather change! Good luck to everyone out this week!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Sorry for not posting updates guys! Been busy at work haha. I haven’t been back to hunt since opening weekend. My buddy went last Friday, he shot a small 6 at 5 yards on the ground. Not what he was looking for but been hunting for 3 years in Ohio with no luck so he got excited haha. I was supposed to go back with him Saturday night but he had to work and I didn’t wanna drag a deer 1.5 miles alone😂. Of course our #1 hitlister walked 30 yards past my tree in day light Saturday evening…. I will be back this weekend for the weather change! Good luck to everyone out this week!
Getting excited is what it's all about! Congrats to him. God luck this weekend