Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand 2021/22

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Set up for my first sit on a draw hunt. Location looks pretty nice.
16362257119933603738352319039297.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
This stand is in the right spot. Possibly right tree. Wrong side of the tree. Might try a tall ladder on the other side next year, that way we don’t have to cut cover limbs to climb in.
I’ve seen good bucks each time from this spot but have also been busted every time I’ve been in it. It will be a miracle to pull it off…. Wait, I don’t need to worry about that. Why would this night be THE night to actually shoot?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure what I'm even doing. Well, playing the wind with the climber in a spot that works. Should have picked a heavier deer travel corridor. But. . . Playing the wind. They just finished picking corn 100yds or so to my west within the last hour or two. Standing corn to my south. Creek crossing to my east. Works for the winds. May need to bang the rattling antlers and let them know they are welcome to come check things out over here. The view is amazing though and it is an awesome afternoon. Just need a dumb buck to head north looking for the ladies.

This is my view south towards standing corn and the faint trail as it is covered in leaves.
PXL_20211106_195552021.jpg

AH2319

Western PA
Dispite this mornings misfire and tracking that deer for almost 5 hours, as well as the temptation to just leave and go grab some food and a beer and watch some football, I’m back out. And glad that I am, it is an absolutely beautiful afternoon! Can’t ask for anything better in November! I’m happy just to be out, but I’ll be even more happy if I get to see some deer this evening. Good luck everyone!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
This stand is in the right spot. Possibly right tree. Wrong side of the tree. Might try a tall ladder on the other side next year, that way we don’t have to cut cover limbs to climb in.
I’ve seen good bucks each time from this spot but have also been busted every time I’ve been in it. It will be a miracle to pull it off…. Wait, I don’t need to worry about that. Why would this night be THE night to actually shoot?
I'd like to see the one your REALLY holding out for.....bet it's a freak nasty buck! 😉

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I'd like to see the one your REALLY holding out for.....bet it's a freak nasty buck! 😉
Honestly, I don’t have anything that will break 135”. A 5 year old 8 that’s smaller this year and a 4 year old 9 character buck are the targets. Or a stranger. The future looks great but I might be too old to hunt by then. The 3 and 4 year olds are really wide. The 2 year old crew has long tines. Hopefully someone will get the combo right!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Honestly, I don’t have anything that will break 135”. A 5 year old 8 that’s smaller this year and a 4 year old 9 character buck are the targets. Or a stranger. The future looks great but I might be too old to hunt by then. The 3 and 4 year olds are really wide. The 2 year old crew has long tines. Hopefully someone will get the combo right!
I’ll show up and push your wheel chair, Mike….. 😂