Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Stressless

Keene, OH
Figured I'd bump 20 of the 100, waited till shooting light, glassed and saw some deer on FrontPad, circled around behind some defile, and came downwind. Could have shot the big one... except it was a buck. Woods are perfect for stalking.
20221128_081112.jpg

Last edited:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I ended up seeing 3 at almost 150 yards at about 1:10. I waited till the last one entered the field hoping that when I shot they'd run across the field right to my dad. Well...I missed they ran around like fools for a minute and then circled my location at 80-100 yards through thick brush. I could see them but never had a good shooting lane. Then I had to leave to do the Dad thing.

My dad never saw them or anything today. I think 8-10 deer hit the ground in or around the farm today, all does.

Today's sit was not set up to get me shots, it was set up so I could back my son and dad up in case they shot and needed help. Tomorrow I'm going to sit over where we saw a big 'ole rub line on trees bigger than my calves. Its right in next to a bunch of thick blown over trees so here's hoping.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Had a small forkhorn bedded downhill from me from (I'm guessing) i walked in until just a few minutes ago. He got up and slowly walked away.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Not nice Rich. I drank a third of my one bottle of water and out in a fresh chew. Hope that buys me some time. Lol

The ladies are still bedded behind me. About 2 hrs now.
You know I'm busting you... Been down that road in Illinois twice... One morning I didn't even wanna go out cause it was day before gun season and wanted to move two stands... Got talked into going and I said ok I'll go for an hour or so... Didn't dress for a long sit and had no food or water... Shortly after daybreak here comes a solid 200+ inch buck following a doe. They bed down out of bow range... Stayed out till 4:30 then got up and went back the way they came... I stayed till dark, all the while getting pics of food from my buddies...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Oh... Did I mention what's for lunch... Gotta get dressed and go sit till dark with the muzzle loader.

Attachments

• PXL_20211118_023342744.jpg
    PXL_20211118_023342744.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 53