Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Must be teenage does. We are now at the 5hr mark. They get up and stretch but lay back down. My sandwich is gone. Still have half a water. I got this. Winds are picking up. 3.5hrs of swaying to go. If the buck I watched go into the thicket around 9am comes out and offers a shot, it will all be worth it. He greatly resembled the buck I hit high with a non lethal shot. Had him on camera again. Not seen him in the hoof. Truthfully haven't seen him in camera for a few weeks. Could be because he is on this property more now.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The does left!!! Guess I'll just sit out the last two hours. 🤣 Good luck to everyone hunting this evening. I'm going to try to remain focused. Always forget how tired you get from staying in one tree all day. I think it is lack of ability to stretch and move combined with being hyper focused so long.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So I didn't see a thing as i stalked around. Made it to the side by side and here came a deer their the fields to me. I checked my phone and there were 5 minutes. I pull up my rifle, safety comes off and i see antlers. Safety comes on, binos come up and he's a small 8. He trotted within 60 yards of me without knowing i was there. Finally made it downwind of me and I to snort at me. I swear i showered last night, couldn't have smelled THAT bad.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Crazy day. Sealed the deal at last light . My phone sucks evidently when the battery's flashing red the pictures don't save .... So only have a picture of me standing by it hanging up and then some when I finally got home holding the cape. Didn't trust leaving it hang overnight with the rain and 50s so got it gutted drug it out , got it in my buddies garage , caped it out , quartered it all and put in bags . Loaded the truck and rushed home got the meat in the fridge and cape in the freezer with 15 minutes to spare to take a shower and run to work . I'll post some pics when I get to work .

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Still kinda mad about the photo deal but here he is. And for all of you that are going to point it out yes I ripped my pants open during this rushed adventure as well. Good thing I had my insulated layers on , didn't notice it when picture was taken lol.

Attachments

• 69417.jpeg
    69417.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 69455.jpeg
    69455.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 69442.jpeg
    69442.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 69446.jpeg
    69446.jpeg