Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Masturbate and drink a Smirnoff ice
3B0651D0-D4A8-4837-B949-A8F917004035.gif

Reactions: the Lackster
Wish I could participate live, but no WiFi at my property. Finally saw a few deer last week while on stand Thursday and Friday. Nothing I would dream of shooting, but both at less than 20 yards in front of me. A pretty good uptick in activity last week. A few rubs and scrapes showing up.I had the old a day late and a buck short issue again last Wednesday. Look at the neck on that bruiser.

Attachments

• HUNT0293.JPG
    HUNT0293.JPG
    499.6 KB · Views: 91
  • HUNT0336.JPG
    HUNT0336.JPG
    519.8 KB · Views: 92
  • HUNT0382.JPG
    HUNT0382.JPG
    477 KB · Views: 90

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Wish I could participate live, but no WiFi at my property. Finally saw a few deer last week while on stand Thursday and Friday. Nothing I would dream of shooting, but both at less than 20 yards in front of me. A pretty good uptick in activity last week. A few rubs and scrapes showing up.I had the old a day late and a buck short issue again last Wednesday. Look at the neck on that bruiser.
Good luck, Dick….

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The plan as of now, unless the camera changes my mind. I’ll arrive the 5th while it’s raining. Put a couple bow/backpack hangers up on the 2 stands we moved then start hitting hard the 6th until I get burned out. Usually only takes a week or so 😂
Got a couple possibilities on shooters, but it’ll be a decision when I see them. Not planning on hassling any does until gun season. There’s one buck that we labeled “bubba” and he hasn’t been seen since September. Which for this area is typical until the rut goes into full swing. Unfortunately there’s a couple guys hunting the property too the north of us and they’re hitting it hard right now. Must be on rutcation. Fortunately for my location it’s a travel corridor going too an unmolested doe bedding area. Which I can hunt but it’s worth blowing them out as there’s no trees or thick brushy areas too set up a ground blind. So it gets left alone until late season.

399E53FB-7C1B-42DE-8945-82C1CC79569D.jpeg

Red-ladder stands
Blue-blinds