Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2022-2023 Edition

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I give up….in my blind and I hear movement behind me. Then I hear a phone ring and a voice! I jump outta my blind with my AR in hand about to cap someone and it’s my idiot neighbor and his dog!!!! I let him hike our property but not during deer season. He even walked by my ATV . Needless to say he got an ass chewing for A. Being on my property during deer season, B. Running his dog, and C. Not one stitch of orange. The conversation was one way….he turned and walked away carrying his ass I handed to him. 🤬🤬🤬 He’s a big fucking liberal with no damn sense🤬🤬

This is the same idiot who told me about a shrimp he found crossing the road. I said you mean a crayfish?

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I went on my final deer hunt of the season in WV this eve. Saw 7 does and a spike. Probably not the brightest idea I’ve ever had considering I’m trying to get over RSV. But when this is the last possible deer hunt until September you do what you gotta do.
By far, this has been the worst cough of my life. Thought my lungs were detaching and exploding last week. The cough is still the same now just not as painful.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I see the same deer so often I now consider them my pets. I did finally see a nice herd (way off the property) of does and fawns that got harassed by that 1pt. He was bedded right behind me and I didn't even know it. I guess I'm just that stealthy. That 1pt may be in trouble and then I can be an official member of the Spoon & Crockpot Club.

Last edited:
Ohio
Rushed home from work. Walking to the stand and see deer in the field. Crept to the edge and and tucked against a tree. Couple does worked through then a real nice thick wide 8 pt pushing a small doe. He was facing me so I said I’m only shooting if he comes to 40 and is broadside. Of course he did this and I talked myself out of the shot. Real nice deer but not a lot of length. It’s a real curse to think about what they could be next year when you have them in the scope. May have shot him if I had my bow. Oh well lots of fun. Maybe my daughter will shoot him on Saturday. Think I really liked hunting better when I didn’t have trail camera photos to pick deer apart. Wish I felt the adrenaline and just squeezed the trigger like I did when I was younger.

Bigcountry40

I see the same deer so often I now consider them my pets. I did finally see a nice herd (way off the property) of does and fawns that got harassed by that 1pt. He was bedded right behind me and I didn't even know it. I guess I'm just that stealthy. That 1pt may be in trouble and then I can be an official member of the Spoon & Crocket Club.
Do it mike, do it

Sauger

Warsaw
Mike you sound like me. We have alot of pets on our property. To the point we go through 3 gravity wagons of corn a year. Not to mention the food plots and mineral site. These deer are spoiled. To the point they watch me.put corn out about 50 yds once I am about 20yds away they some in just like cows. Lol.....I have problems

Buckmaster

Portage
A little backyard fun this morning.
D4A1B3F9-6A31-41A7-A944-6C1FA08BC59C.jpeg