Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I’ll be out this afternoon. Only have a doe tag and I just haven’t seen morning movement to justify putting scent out there.

So far cameras have showed I made the right choice. Stoking fire and having a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
1000023574.jpg

I see antlers 😃

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We have all sorts of scenarios, strategies, and options. More often than not, it doesn't work in our favor. I'm sitting here wondering if I should have done something else. It's slow. Had I gone with plan B I'd be kicking myself and wishing I was here. Going to stay in this tree 21' up and enjoy the single digits. Things can heat up in a moments notice. Good luck all!

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Too windy for a tree and not enough motivation to go on a walkabout, so I stayed close to home. Will bail for lunch and some errands, then I'll decide how to spent my afternoon. Comfort for the win today. And I saw a buck 2 minutes after I got in the blind, so it'll statistically as good a day as yesterday 😂

View attachment 188298
How is that ever calm working out? I’ve tried it but the jury is still out.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
No deer, no shots,
just me and my thoughts.
I think about the weather,
this snow and the wind.
I sip on the coffee,
and wonder when will it begin?

No deer, no shots,
just me and my thoughts.
The DNR says they're here,
but me and my friends,
think they've been in the beer.

No deer, no shots,
just me and my thoughts.
I haven't seen another hunter,
do they only hunt with a bow?

No deer, no shots,
just me and my thoughts.
This, is starting to blow.

No deer, no shots,
just me and my thoughts.

No deer, no shots......

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
How is that ever calm working out? I’ve tried it but the jury is still out.
Like American Express, I don't leave home without it. My first hunt using it was in 2012 and I killed a 5.5 year old buck at 8 steps after he'd walked down my 3 hour old access route. Been sold ever since and use it liberally with great results. I even smear it on licking branches. To me, it's the most deer-smelling scent I've ever smelled.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Like American Express, I don't leave home without it. My first hunt using it was in 2012 and I killed a 5.5 year old buck at 8 steps after he'd walked down my 3 hour old access route. Been sold ever since and use it liberally with great results. I even smear it on licking branches. To me, it's the most deer-smelling scent I've ever smelled.
Do you apply it to your boots or just the area in and around your blind/stand?