Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wind finally committed to a southerly direction, so I moved 50 yards N to the blind I have setup for Kaydence. Good spot to eat lunch and cover the scrape. I'll sit until 1, then I need to decide what I'm doing for the rest of the day. Probably end up down in the bottom where I was last night.

20231031_105133.jpg

seohunting1

Guernsey
2023 buck tag is punched. Now to focus on filling the freezer with a few does.

First sit on a new property last night. Decided to get aggressive with rattling and no sooner than I put the antlers down, this guy came in on a rope. Stomping and pawing at the ground looking for a fight. Arrow nicked a small limb and deflected into his spine but I was able to make a clean follow up shot quickly to finish him off with as little suffering as possible.
IMG20231030205311.jpg
IMG20231030205335.jpg

Johnny44

First sit on a new property last night. Decided to get aggressive with rattling and no sooner than I put the antlers down, this guy came in on a rope. Stomping and pawing at the ground looking for a fight. Arrow nicked a small limb and deflected into his spine but I was able to make a clean follow up shot quickly to finish him off with as little suffering as possible. View attachment 186981View attachment 186982
Good Lawd have mercy. Outstanding

Smawgunner2

Athens County

First sit on a new property last night. Decided to get aggressive with rattling and no sooner than I put the antlers down, this guy came in on a rope. Stomping and pawing at the ground looking for a fight. Arrow nicked a small limb and deflected into his spine but I was able to make a clean follow up shot quickly to finish him off with as little suffering as possible. View attachment 186981View attachment 186982
Excellent!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Zip for me this am. Grabbed lunch and heading back in. I’m not sure how the hell you southern Ohio fellas deal with this shifty ass wind. Have a point picked out, but both sides to access it the wind is blowing directly into where I want to go. Gonna opt for the easier access and send it. Good luck to any one else out this evening.
Thermals > Wind Direction

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio

Congrats, great buck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Move made. I got in/out clean last night, so I felt comfortable coming back. Banking on the food source bringing in the does and 🤞 a shooter follows. Wind is a bit unpredictable today, so it was a roll of the dice no matter where I went. Looking like it'll lay down nicely the last hour and the thermals will do their job. If not, it won't be the first (or last) time I guessed wrong!

Got me a big 'ol chaw in and I'm gonna lay back and wait for the show to start...

20231031_145330.jpg

matthew

Wayne County

First sit on a new property last night. Decided to get aggressive with rattling and no sooner than I put the antlers down, this guy came in on a rope. Stomping and pawing at the ground looking for a fight. Arrow nicked a small limb and deflected into his spine but I was able to make a clean follow up shot quickly to finish him off with as little suffering as possible. View attachment 186981View attachment 186982Hell of a buck . Congratulations

Reactions: 5Cent

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Got to my stand and immediately got busted. She saw me and didn’t smell me, the wind is perfectly in my favor. Got seated and she must have blown 30 times. Then she came looking for me. Circled to about my 7:30 got wind and stormed off and I saw her fawn.
IMG_5418.jpeg
Then a dink buck came in from 70 yards out, at my 10 o’clock, called the dummy right to me. He got to my 7:30 and high tailed it. So far at least exciting.