Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Service sucked balls so I apologize for not being able to enchant you guys with my story telling. Buddy Eli came down last night to hunt southern OH for the first time ever. He may hate the hills more than me lol. We slipped down a big ridge that I scouted and hunted back in early November. We sat 40ish yards apart. I spotted 2 antlerless deer 100 yards out in the bottom and was waiting for them to hopefully close the distance. They got to about 80 yards and I decided to take the biggest of the two. The second deer made a small loop and stopped at 50 yards in front of Eli and he let her have it as well. Both tagged out by 8:15 opening day, can’t complain. Shit ton of pressure and pushers today. More than I can remember ever seeing.
IMG_4466.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We sat until 11. Saw one BB between four guys. That full moon and early stoppage of the rain had them up all night. I'm hopeful this evening is better!

I'm in a new ladder stand by the Big Beech. This tree is on the township line and is called out in a 1798 description of our property. Always wanted to kill a deer here and after walking out down this bottom this morning and seeing all the sign, I had to come back. I'm on a good escape route as a bonus. Probably get skunked again, but it beats work.

20231127_140321.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Slow slow slow. Got skunked this am- first time that happened all year on farm for me. Cousin and his grandpa saw 4 does.

Few deer moved mid day on camera. We’ll see how they move tonight. I think I’ve heard 6 shots all day. Gun hunting has changed -not that I mind it. Just different.

on a positive note - habitat work seems to be helping Turkeys. Seen a pile of them today and several long beards.