Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lung buster

hocking county
Swing and a miss for Drew tonight, was trying to get a doe out of the way before things get going good but he missed clean from 20 yds. Damn it was too hot tonight! Probably good that he missed, the thing would have probably spoiled before we got it home, lmao

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Skunked tonight except for the two I ran off by my truck she I came out from the stand. Was too dark to see them good just saw the shadowy figures head out across the alfalfa field.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nothing here.

Finally got a daytime pic of a buck, but it didn't have any antlers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446770781.574271.jpg

Some trespasser. To his credit he didn't take my camera or my stand that he was looking through the thicket at.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Moved a stand this afternoon and while my buddy was trimming some saplings for some shooting lanes, 6 doe and fawn walked in on us, they trotted off and never blew out of there.... My buddy Shaun said, yep this is the spot lol....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well been questioning my sanity this morning, but looks like the rain is going to stop just a little after legal light. It will be windy but I like what I'm seeing.

It was six years ago to the day that I shot my biggest deer. I will be sitting in the same corner today. Let's hope things play out.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Seen 1 small 6 or 8 pointer so far. Walked out of the neighbors woods into the cut lane of the CRP. Got to my path that I brought in stopped and smelled, turned around and didn't waste no time getting back into the woods.

Rain has let up.

South
uploadfromtaptalk1446814186568.jpg

North
uploadfromtaptalk1446814274117.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Blowing sideways and raining here. I was supposed to be off, but came to work instead. I'll shift my day off to next week (love that flexibility) and will probably be able to get out this afternoon. If nothing else, I will go out at lunch to hang my set for tomorrow's hunt.

Gordo

Athens County
Going to head out around 2:30. Havent been out since wednesday morning. I'm itching to be back up a tree. Hoping to get a good look at one

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Changed 4 camera cards with no monsters on camera yet. Dumped some apples in the woods rather than leaving them rot on the ground. Pulled a set out of the woods so as to not leave any trace of my location to trespassers. Heading back to work so I can get Garrett out for a possible evening sit. Good luck fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.