Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Slob hunters.....ugh!

Switched it up and went to a new spot. Watched/heard slugs sling past my head.

Dude shot an Antlerless...I watched it clearly limp away, hurt bad. He had to of seen it. Well he didn't even look for blood. Went the opposite direction when he saw me.

To be continued....

I have the quad close

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Slob hunters.....ugh!

Dude shot an Antlerless...I watched it clearly limp away, hurt bad. He had to of seen it. Well he didn't even look for blood. Went the opposite direction when he saw me.

To be continued....

I have the quad close

Damn Charles..... Glad you're ok.... Don't hurt him too bad.... Good luck on your search for her....

Damn, hate to hear that crap. Reminds me of one year up here I was driving around the section of woods I was hunting in and here comes an antlerless deer with it's leg just flopping. Went right through a family's yard with their kids out playing. The dad went after it but wasn't happy either, same thing slob hunters and of course no one came looking for it either.

Congrats J!!!!

Bigcountry40

Slob hunters.....ugh!

To be continued....

I have the quad close

So he shot at a doe, almost literally kills you shooting a deer, hits the deer walks up the hill doesnt hear anymore shots, sees you and doesnt say sorry or check for blood?

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Close. The slugs were going past at about 30ish yards...

You pretty much get the gist. Just using him as a pusher then going to chase his ass down.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've seen four antlerless. Mason and I saw a dandy 8 in here yesterday- twice. Probably 140ish. He may not get a free pass today. I want to shoot something with this new gun!

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
3 days of solid hunting my farm in Athens Co, 2-3 guys sitting solid all day, did not hunt this am. Nothing at all, skunked!?!! Nocturnal doe/ small buck movement on cams, no big bucks. Neighbors were driving and seeing very little, nothing came our way. Welcome to gun season, way to many places to hide around me. Time switch things up? Maybe switch spots tonight to another farm. Good luck all!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hiding places is why I didn't still hunt much yesterday. Too many of them to be worthwhile. It's a double edged sword. Great conditions for it, but then you're pressuring them more. I figured just let them be...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Knew the slob. Sent him out for his doe don't know if he found it. The landowner was on his way to have a "discussion" as the guy didn't have permission as he told me. LO said that he had permission over a decade ago.

Waiting to see the outcome. This guy is a slob in every aspect of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.