Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from the stand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got in the stand about 3 and sat until 5:40 and saw nothing except for a wood pecker who went into his den tree about 5:00..... Not even a squirrel was moving tonight....
Glad you had some action Rick...

Cephas50

Hey guys. I've been quiet for a couple months. My wife hurt her knee and I've been taking care of her when I'm not at work. She's doing a lot better so I'm hoping to get out a lot more often for the rest of the season. I did manage to get out a couple of times and tag 2 nice does but still haven't had a shot at antlers. We're closing on a new house in a couple of weeks and it has enough land on the back side for me to set up a stand. The seller said that I can set it up now and hunt anytime I want so I'm going to get out there this afternoon and get a hang-on set and hopefully have time to hunt it for a while. How's the hunting been?

Gordo

Athens County
Fun little hunt.

Saw 3 does. The one knew something was up and walked off with the others. 20 yards and about 30 minutes later i caught movement. Ended up being a younger buck that has some potential. Watched him for a while. He got to within 15 yards. Never busted me.

Nothing like creeping around the woods to start the day

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Fun little hunt.

Saw 3 does. The one knew something was up and walked off with the others. 20 yards and about 30 minutes later i caught movement. Ended up being a younger buck that has some potential. Watched him for a while. He got to within 15 yards. Never busted me.

Nothing like creeping around the woods to start the day

Awesome hunt Gordo!!! Gotta love being up close and on the ground with them! Way to get out after em!

Good luck to everyone out hunting!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Sat on the ground tonight on an inside corner of a corn field. Had some does work their way into sixty yards, my maximum range, but it was too dark to even consider shooting. Was a lot of fun getting back out and actually seeing something. Heading out again tomorrow afternoon and Saturday, I have a good feeling.

gpb1111

Sat in a treestand from 330 to dusk yesterday. One small doe at 100 yds with completely limp back left leg. This always seems to occur here do to the massive deer drives my neighboring land owners allow. They even do it during muzzleloader season...

Status
Not open for further replies.