Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lost my Hunting Buddy

Blan37

SW Ohio
Pretty new to this site so just now reading about what happened to your son. I have four boys of my own and can't imagine what it would be like to lose one of them. Please know that I'll be praying for you and your family.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I do not think i will make it this year. Our fundraiser for Connor's scholarship fund is the weekend before the summer shoot. We will still have family in town through the week. I can probably get some up there through TOO hillbilly express. I will see if I can get with Joe or Dustin or anyone else close by and give them a bunch to bring up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I do not think i will make it this year. Our fundraiser for Connor's scholarship fund is the weekend before the summer shoot. We will still have family in town through the week. I can probably get some up there through TOO hillbilly express. I will see if I can get with Joe or Dustin or anyone else close by and give them a bunch to bring up.

Damn, was hoping you'd be there Jon.... You'll be at strouds though, right???

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
As most of you know Connor's accident happened down at our place in Tennessee. We spent the past 5 days down there as we do every year for the 4th of July. After the accident Theresa and I had a long discussion about whether we wanted to keep the place or sell out. We knee that Connor loved it down there and decided he would want us to keep the place. It is difficult at times especially since the accident scene is not far from our cabin. Every year though we are surprised to find another memorial sign at the accident site. This year there were two new signs. One we know about the other we have no clue who put it up but just shows is the continued support the community there shows. The newest memorial is a handmade cross. It is simple but stunning. It wad made by the grandfather of two of the kids that were also riding quads with Connor. Here is a picture of the cross. All three of the kids in the pic were riding that evening with Connor. They also went to school with Connor.

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_13567448_1148730581815787_57928.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_13567448_1148730581815787_57928.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 157

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Here is another pic of the memorials others have added over the last 2 years.

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_13620060_1148730775149101_15648.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_13620060_1148730775149101_15648.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 173

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Same place as last year?

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Do you have a flyer or link for the fundraiser? Also, if you need to meet up to send a bunch of the Honor Connor bracelets let me know. Ill be hitting the road on Thursday around 11:30 or so. I could message you if you get me an address if its close to the route Ill be taking. Itll give you a chance to meet Moonlab, my BIL Chad.