Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lost my Hunting Buddy

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The first hunting season I am not looking forward TOO. Some of you may remember some of the stories but everything has changed for me.
On July 2nd I lost my hunting buddy and my son. Unfortunately he died in an ATV accident while we were on vacation. Over the last 5 years since he was 9 yrs old he has been with me almost everytime I was in the woods. Last year he harvested his first 2 deer. What an exiting moment and even days afterwards. He looked forward to deer camp every year and talked about it the rest of the year. I enjoyed teaching him everything that I know and he was a sponge. He lived his life with a smile on his face and by putting a smile on everyone else's. I know he will be with me in the stand this year but I can't imagine how hard it is going to be. I will not give it up because I know he would not want that. I am sure he will still be an integral part of hunting camp as he has been the past 5 years. May he watch over all of us as we hit the woods in the next few months. RIP Connor. I will miss you more than anything in the world. Thank you for all the great memories and thank you for always being there with me in the woods doing what we loved to do. You have taught me so much. You never gave up on anything and worked your arse off for everything. I love you son. Connor Deer.jpg

#honorconnor

• Love
Reactions: Dustinb80

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Sorry to here about your loss, I can't even imagine my life without one of my children and could never even begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, I will keep you and Connor in my thoughts. So sorry for your loss.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is hard to fathom the pain of losing a child. My deepest sympathies for you and your family. We wish you the best in moving forward as you work to honor his memory.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am so sorry to read this. As difficult as it will be, you're doing the right thing by moving forward. I truely believe, like all, that he will be watching over you. That will give you the strength that you and your family needs. My prayers go out to you as well.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers. My wife and I appreciate it all.
When he killed his first deer last year. As soon as we got it dressed out. He said "Well at least I got my team some points for the Hunting contest".
It is places like this that I find comfort. TOO is a great brotherhood and he enjoyed keeping up with all the stories.

Thanks again.

Buckmaster

Portage
You'll find yourself talking to Connor in your treestand this fall.

It's soothing but painful at the same time but it feels right.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I had to leave my desk for a bit. I remember adding this photo to our TOO harvest video. I'm so sorry for your loss and please know that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
So sorry to read this. It's every parent's worst fear, and I'm saddened to know you and your family are going through this. I hope you can find peace with it, knowing your boy would want you to. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
This made me physically sick when I read it. I cant even imagine what you and your family are going thru. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So very sorry for your loss! Words can't begin to share how I feel. Just know he's in a better place and looking down upon you sharing your hunts in the future. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.