Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lung Buster Family 2019 - 2020

lung buster

hocking county
Took Addy tonight in hopes of closing out her season. Obviously it was buck or nothing. Seen 2 does and then seen a buck, he was running and no shot unfortunately. Drew had a dentist appointment and couldn't go.

Pulled card and couldn't believe it but he was there Monday after we left around noon and back around 3. We were in by 4.
Yesterday he was there when we walked in and cam caught him running away. Close again....

20191204_182407.jpg

20191204_182329.jpg

20191204_181803.jpg

Drew hunts: 20
Addy hunts: 15
Deer seen Drew: 8 doe, 6 buck
Deer seen Addy: 25 doe, 13 buck, 2 bb, 4 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
Tonight was the first true skunk for Addy. Best night of the week and we seen nor heard anything! Drew stayed home, didn't even want to go. Gonna try to bump drew something to shoot at tomorrow afternoon...addy is taking a break for the next couple of days.

Drew hunts: 20
Addy hunts: 16
Deer seen Addy: 25 doe, 13 buck, 2 bb, 4 unknow

Reactions: Big_Holla and giles

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Still following. Looking forward to the updates. Keep up the good work, Dad. If sis gets one. . . Drew's spark will be strong. lol

Reactions: lung buster

lung buster

hocking county
Drew never seen anything this afternoon and eve...done until Sunday....

Drew hunts: 21
Deer seen Addy: 25 doe, 13 buck, 2 bb, 4 unknow

lung buster

hocking county
Did quite a bit of walking yesterday for Drew. Ended up jumping 5 that we know of, Drew seen 3 of them. 2 does and a decent buck. He never fired a shot at any due to never getting a good opportunity.
Addy was sick both days and never hunted. Drew sat in her stand to finish out gun week and seen nothing.
Definitely done for a bit, we all need a break. Our #1 last season shed before gun weekend so thats on my mind so who knows....

Drew hunts: 22
Deer seen Drew: 10 doe, 7 buck

lung buster

hocking county
Took hunter out this afternoon. I wasn't to serious about killing, I took my great grandpa's 90 yr old Remington model 12 .22, lol. He ran one back right to me and I missed it multiple times, lol. Then it stopped 10 yds from me and the gun was empty. All the fun and the rabbit lives for another day.

You know your getting old when your walking down your driveway and your son is loading his gear in your vehicle and about to pull away to go bowhunting by himself...dang! He hunted Addys "honey hole" and was skunked.

Drew hunts: 23

Reactions: hickslawns

lung buster

hocking county
Drew hunted his blind tonight and seen nothing...he's about to throw in the towel for the year. I'm going to pull cams tomorrow and try to send him in the right direction if and when he goes again. Having almost zero acorns around here this year is hurting his spots.....its not only him but it's affecting neighbors as well...seen 2 does in our yard when we came home...lol!

Drew hunts: 24

lung buster

hocking county
Drew and Addy didn't really want to hunt today. I went to stand where I killed my buck. Had 2 six pointers show right after climbing in. They looked like twins, lol. Had a momma doe and little one come by towards the end. Could of killed momma at 60 yds but waited too long. Coyotes started yipping across from me and the deer got weird acting and walked away before i pulled the trigger.
We will see what happens tomorrow...

lung buster

hocking county
Walked some brush for Drew and a buddy this am. Got some deer up and drew had one at 30 yds and had no shot at all. Fun time.... seen 2 red fox this am as well. will sit in stands this eve to close out the weekend. Looking forward to calling some coyotes this week.

lung buster

hocking county
Took addy tonight. Seen a buck as soon as we got in the tree. I think he seen me moving as i was putting my mask on. No shot. That was it.
Drew hunted stand where i seen 4 at last night. He seen nothing.
Probably done until 2020 unless cams show something good...

Drew hunts: 26
Addy hunts: 17
Deer seen Drew: 10 doe, 7 buck, 1 unknown
Deer seen Addy: 25 doe, 14 buck, 2 bb, 4 unknown

lung buster

hocking county
Took Addy rabbit hunting today. We didn't jump a single one...
Drew hunted his blind this eve and seen nothing.

Drew hunts: 27
Addy hunts: 17

Reactions: brock ratcliff

lung buster

hocking county
Drew seen nothing in 3 hunts this weekend....
Addy seen zero in 2 hunts...

Drew hunts: 30
Addy hunts: 19

lung buster

hocking county
Nada nothing zero for Drew tonight in his stand. I went in deep with climber and seen nothing. I took tomorrow for some insane reason......

Drew hunts: 31
Addy hunts: 19