Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mason made a video...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
She was here for a bit yesterday. I asked her if she told all the kids at college that she bagged a deer. She said she did and then went to her home town and told everyone there. Lol. I think the kid has been bitten by the deer hunting bug. 😁

at1010

*Supporting Member*
He’s posted more but this is a link to the most recent and includes a buck he killed last Monday with his bow.
As always great stuff!!

that shot looked great! Did it end up being liver and back of lungs?

how far from where Mason saw him in that cut corn bedding to where you found him in the thicket?

thanks for sharing. Boy that deer is wide!! He looked wider in the video even than in the pictures Mason posted. Coming through that cut corn like a set of field goal posts!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As always great stuff!!

that shot looked great! Did it end up being liver and back of lungs?

how far from where Mason saw him in that cut corn bedding to where you found him in the thicket?

thanks for sharing. Boy that deer is wide!! He looked wider in the video even than in the pictures Mason posted. Coming through that cut corn like a set of field goal posts!!
Yeah, he was back a bit. He had trouble seeing his pins in the blind. You can bet he hit exactly where his pin was setting, unfortunately he couldn’t see it well enough to know where it was. Maybe he should have held off with the difficulty he had seeing the pin…. He learned from it. It’s not pleasant to see one linger and using the drone, we did. The deer moved 100 yards or so from where he first bedded in the corn to his final bed. Aside from being a little off on the shot, we had a pretty good evening A couple of his buddies joined us for the recovery and I killed a doe that evening on another place about four miles from the farm Mason shot his buck on. I’ve not been in the mood to shoot one all year but there was something in the air that night.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_9381.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Yeah, he was back a bit. He had trouble seeing his pins in the blind. You can bet he hit exactly where his pin was setting, unfortunately he couldn’t see it well enough to know where it was. Maybe he should have held off with the difficulty he had seeing the pin…. He learned from it. It’s not pleasant to see one linger and using the drone, we did. The deer moved 100 yards or so from where he first bedded in the corn to his final bed. Aside from being a little off on the shot, we had a pretty good evening A couple of his buddies joined us for the recovery and I killed a doe that evening on another place about four miles from the farm Mason shot his buck on. I’ve not been in the mood to shoot one all year but there was something in the air that night.
Hey man - that happens! I shot right below a doe this year. Out of blind. Lower light. Idk I tried to heart shoot and I just held pin low. Hindsight - I just should have shot her in lungs. Shot right under her!!

Great video and recovery! I enjoyed it!

Reactions: brock ratcliff

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
M- Thanks for letting me shoot it out of your stand, Dad.
B- you didn't ask.

That made me laugh. 🤣🤣🤣

Good stuff on the bow history. Awesome.
I’ve never really given him permission to hunt that farm let alone that stand. When Krista and I bought that place I asked him to help me put up some stands. He was always too busy going to hunt other stands I’d put up on other farms. I got so ticked off at him one day I told him he wasn’t allowed to hunt that piece. Giles came over to help me stand up an elevated blind while Mason was off hunting. So the next weekend he wanted to bring a friend home from school to take him hunting. I was more than happy for that kid to hunt the place but made Mason leave his bow at home. 😀. Somehow he has weaseled his way in there, but he’s only helped me with one stand - and it isn’t the one he shot that deer from! 😀