Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maumee River PRE-RUN CELEBRATION 2015

Bigcountry40

I live an hour south of maumee and going to drive up to the river this year and give it a try. I have never done it, anyone mind if i tag along so I can get the hang of it?

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I start back to work on monday and are shop is at sidecut park. Lucky for us we are on high ground with the ranger station. From what i am seeing on the news there is some major damage down there with a lot of big trees down with riverside cemetery being about wiped out. They are saying its the worst ice damage since 1982. Now it looks like its going to get cold again so the ice will be around for a while yet.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Crossing the bridge today, it was really wierd to see the large slabs of ice laying in the middle of the ag field...all the trees were stripped of their bark about 10 feet high or more....it looks like a warzone down there just from passing by on the highway

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...HIsspjWVrmXFu5mOlwSl8gH5n6X0FU2NhSRcNrERhtxGC

I couldn't handle it. To many people. Put me in a boat on the lake.

My brother fishes the tourney at Marblehead, I usually go with him to prefish the week before. Usually in April. Good fishing out there but its usually 5 footers and cold. He is as diehard as they come tho.

I'd like to come down and meet some of you guys but I'm going to Hillsboro to shed hunt. Im only 15 min. from the ohio line on 75.

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
For you guys that fish on the perrysburg side they showed buttonwood on the news today at noon and it has been about wiped off the map. Big sink hole with parts of the road missing. What a frigin mess!!!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Evening news showed quite a few guys fishing at orleans park and there starting to get a few fish. Water temp is at 41 degrees so its starting.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I saw the gauge today had the maumee at 42 degrees and the Sandusky at 43. Flow was surprisingly low. Need some rain to bring the fish in.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
uploadfromtaptalk1426994376128.jpg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I had a great time last Saturday. I had a few beers with Mike and the rest of the guys, along with some nasty hot chunks Mike ordered. Something about Frickers just makes me shit Lava the next day, whether I eat spicy stuff or not. The only spice I had was one of the hottest chunks and some jalapeno's over nachos, yet it was more patting than wiping all day sunday. I swear I get the shits just walking in there

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
i had a great time last saturday. I had a few beers with mike and the rest of the guys, along with some nasty hot chunks mike ordered. Something about frickers just makes me shit lava the next day, whether i eat spicy stuff or not. The only spice i had was one of the hottest chunks and some jalapeno's over nachos, yet it was more patting than wiping all day sunday. I swear i get the shits just walking in there

lmao!