Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moe

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
After having this deer at 44 yards on Saturday, I almost went to the farm to set up on him. Instead, I ended up at my parent’s house and killed my buck on Monday morning. So now I am left with these great pics and two encounters with a buck that had no name. Since Crazy Rack was already in use, I had to come up with something new. I had pics of this buck with sweeping brows that I started calling “Curly”…

When I got these pics of Curly and the “crazy racked buck at the farm”…

I decided I would call this deer Moe. (And yes, there is a Larry!)

Here are the best views of Moe…

And of course, from when I was in the stand watching him parade in front of the camera 70 yards away!!!

I now where this deer is bedding based on our encounter Saturday. I also know how he is getting to the bottom. And I know he is addicted to golden acorns! My wife is ready to get some seat time and the way I see it, she is my hired gun! If she kills this deer, it is as good, or better than if I did. Here is the ground blind we tucked into a patch of brush in the creek bottom. This will be our perch this weekend while we attempt to end the story of Moe before it morphs into a “Deucesque” type story! If this deer survives and I stay on him for next year, you are looking at a new story for the ages!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That is an awesome deer Jesse. You sure have a nack for getting the good bucks on camera! I sure hope Tracie or one of your visiting hunters can put him down. He's one heck of a buck!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
What we have here is an over abundance of big buck deer and the lack of myself to help hunt them down lol.

Seriously though. I wish Tracie the best of luck knocking down a big boy this year. I also hope and wish the best of luck to everybody you bring in to have a chance at a great buck as well.

GOOD LUCK !!!