Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Morels

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Alright guys, how soon will you start looking for mushrooms? Weather man is calling for a warm up the next few days, so I would say by later this weekend-mid week next week some of you boys down South may start seeing some pop.

I stuck it in this forum because I was wondering what everyone's favorite mushroom recipe is.

Personally, I just use a dry batter and deep fry them with a little seasoning salt and pepper.

a buddy of mine takes the bigger ones and splits them in two, then stuffs them with cheese and bakes them.

My plan this year is to do some pan fishing around the same time and have a big fry with mushrooms and crappie/bluegill.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I looked some last weekend in the normal spots and didn't find any. I figure with the warmer temps we have coming, they should start popping up real soon.

As far as favorite recipe, double Bert battered is my favorite.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Heard some rumors that some guys found a couple blacks to the south of me, I will probably head out to my spots later on this week and check.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Blacks should be coming up now. A couple more weeks and warmer weather fer whites. Not been out. Working on my wife.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yeah it will be tough for me not to hit the woods mid week, even though I have a lot to do around the house. I'm going to get my minerals and camera out as well so might as well check for shrooms as well!

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
IT'S ON IN NW OHIO!!!!!!!....The season started lastnight,my Dad checked in with one black on the board. You boys down south better get on it!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
IT'S ON IN NW OHIO!!!!!!!....The season started lastnight,my Dad checked in with one black on the board. You boys down south better get on it!

Got a report from a buddy down in Logan county that they found a few blacks... I checked a couple of my spots last night and came up empty. Today and tomorrow are going to be nice and warm/sunny, so I will be back out again probably tomorrow evening.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
gonna snow this weekend...guess ill be holding off

Yeah down in the high 30's here for us this weekend, I would say this weekend will just be some scattered blacks if any, which is why I will be spending most of my time fishing. Next week they are saying highs in the 60's lows in the high 40's... which sounds like a lot better shroomin weather!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Went out today and didn't find what I was looking for. Hogs, sheds, or morels. But my woods was stuffed with deer.

Beentown

Gordo

Athens County
Ive only found a couple small blacks so far. The flu has been holding me down this week but all my buddies are findng them down in the athens area. My one friend found over 200 yesterday.

Another buddy found the first big old yellows of the year. I'll try to post a pic for motivational purposes

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Ive only found a couple small blacks so far. The flu has been holding me down this week but all my buddies are findng them down in the athens area. My one friend found over 200 yesterday.

Another buddy found the first big old yellows of the year. I'll try to post a pic for motivational purposes

That's good to hear, hope you get to feeling better Gordo so you can hit the woods! Send some of those big yellows up here to our NW Ohio woods!