Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moundhill's 2011 hunting log

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Headin out for an evening sit where i shot my buck. I should probly be mowing, but i'd rather hunt before this little rain comes..:pickle:.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well i got busted a doe and her 2 fawns on the way in, and the way out..:tantrum:..so no luck on my end. Still a great night out though

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Acern Factory judging by the trail cam pics, if that's where those last pics are at? I'm heading to a nice little funnel spot between a house and a cornfield..and a road lol. Hope to see some action.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Dad and i got a bd call today..that 14 pt we got on camera got shot. A couple guys come up from Tennessee and hunt on the same land we hunt on. Now, these are great guys, but it really sucks to have to share to the property like this. And ot add to that, the landowner let 5, yes 5, other out of staters hunt this week..needless to say dad and i will be hunting different property for a while..:smiley_blackeye:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
This is the buck..

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thismorning was one of the best mornings i have had in the woods. I snuck into my stand at about 6:00. Action started at about 7 when i heard a oppossum walkin through (darn thing sounded identical to a deer). Then i'm sitting there glassing a filed, when behind me i hear something. I look back, and see a nice kinda massive 9 point..bigger than the deer i shot..i'm thinkin to myself, really? So after he stands broadside at 15 yards for about 2 minutes, he ventures up to the trail i walked in (which was 100% DDW) and couldnt get wind of anything. Scent smoker 1, deer 0. Then he turns and walks off. I have a few trail cam pics of him that i'll get up soon. Then fastforward to about 20 mintues and i hear a turkey fly up to roost. Thisis the 1st time i've ever seen a turkey here, so it was pretty cool. He has white wings BTW, i cant remember what thats called. Then at 8:40 ish, i'm munchin on nutty bar, when i hear something behind me, and it's a doe. So i stand up, grab my bow and turn 360 degrees. She gives me a 10 yard broadside shot and i released. I knew instantly i hit her low, how low though is what has me concerned. I know the exit was through the guts, but i'm hoping i clipped the heart too. I'll be heading back out at about 11 to look for sign and follow the trail a little ways..if i only hit the gut i'm just gonna pull out and wait till tonight. She was running pretty hard but was definitly feeling it. She had her tail down at first then stuck it straight up later.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Well Diablo and i headed out and after about 250 yards of tracking we found her. She's a pretty small doe, i'd see 1.5. I hit one lung and exited through the side of the guts.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats on the doe! Wish you hadn't posted your picture. reminds most of us we could be your dang Dad. Geesh. Well, we are proud of you boys! Keep at it Diablo/Moundhill!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Congrats on the doe! Wish you hadn't posted your picture. reminds most of us we could be your dang Dad. Geesh. Well, we are proud of you boys! Keep at it Diablo/Moundhill!

I really could be his Dad. ;) way to go SON! Tell "Mom" check is in the mail.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Umm. . . pretty sure I could be his Dad too Charles. That is why seeing the picture made me feel old. Well, gotta go pour my metamucil and get my vitamins and liver pills out for the morning. hahahahahha I kid I kid!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Baffled..

I pulled my cam today where i got pics on the big buoy and a few decent ones..2 deer in one week..how is that possible!? I went from about 400 pics on one week, with 3 different shooters, to 100 pics in one week of a small buck and a doe..

Diablo54

Outside
My buddys uncles second nephews aunts.

No its a buck that mh had on cam but got killed this week. Scroll up and read cotty