Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My fix for Poison Ivy.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The Zanfel worked for me earlier this year. Any time it started to itch again, like hickslawns after 3-6 hrs., I'd re-scrub everything down that itched again. Also took Benadryl every 4 hours as well and it all cleared up pretty fast. We were all through poison ivy last weekend but haven't gotten a single itchy spot. Wearing rubber boots and not handling them without gloves seems to be the key for me as most seems to be on the ground. Any in the trees I just keep walking LOL.

Normally I would do the same. It was the perfect tree in the perfect spot. Oh the things we put ourselves through to kill a good buck. lmao

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm the same way, I look at it and i get it. When I weedeat on hot days I look like a ninja, under Armour long sleeve, and socks up to my knees.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First time I have ever done it Chuck. Every other time up until now I have just bypassed trees like this one. It had a couple vines going straight up and I thought I could clear it out safely. It is flat out a killing tree. Day three of Zanfel. Mostly dried up on arms and hands. The stuff on my eye I am hesitant to use the Zanfel. It is miserably itchy. I just hope it pays off. If the only buck on my radar dies from this tree stand, it will be worth it. I have one shooter lined up and I feel one of the three tree stands set on this property could offer the opportunity. Until then, it is itchy scratchy time waiting on the PI to dry up.