Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

my hard earned deer

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've been scratching my head over this all day, and debated asking, but I'm a dick.

If you killed a deer on the first day of gun season, your first day out this year, how is that deer hard earned? A kills a kill, and congrats again, but isn't the term "hard earned" a bit overkill?

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats on the doe buddy.

Next year we need to find a blind and deaf buck for ya. This way they won't see ya and won't hear the gun and bullet miss giving ya a second shot rotflmao.

Where is the second bullet hole from the other persons shot? I only see one hole there buddy.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
the red hole is mine

look straight back towards her back leg bout 10 to 12 inchs and youll see the other hole , im thinking 410 or 20 gauge is what the hit her with

I couldn't tell if it was from a shot or just a messed up hair patch. I would say it got guts and plugged up. Glad ya finished her off. I know I wouldn't want to die a slow painful death from a gut shot.

seen 26 deer yesterday only 5 with in range , kaiser voice kept ringing in my head about the small bucks , so i past on a fork horn and a small six ,it felt good to pass on em , but as the weekend gets closer i dont know if i can keep that promise , and there were 3 yearling does that came by to say hi and wave theyre tails at me , seen a nice 11 or 12 point from about 300 yards , but there is snow on the ground today , dont know how long its gonna last but i hope it sticks around most of the day heading out here in a few hours

today was ok seen twelve deer , got to do some tracking in the snow , i love tracking deer in the snow , sat in my stand for few hours , then went into my inlaws house to get something to eat and warm up came back out to find fresh tracks right by my stand , tracked her kicked her up missed her tracked her some more and found out she joined a group feeding in a field sat down to watch and hope they came my way then rememberd i had the camera in my pocket ended up doing a stalk on em cause i got tired of sittingthere watching them feed , and of course i missed , next year i will have a scope on this bad boy of a gun i got