Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

N.J. 2018 Bear Season.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Checked out the second spot on Wed. and all donuts were gone.... Had several small bears on camera, but no shooters... Rebaited and will check Fri. or Sat. to see if any big boys showed up... Had a Sow on the bait with her triplet cub's... She's got a bad case of mange, hope she makes it through the winter...
abcd.JPG

b1.JPG

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nice pics. Hope you run across the big 'un.
Dick.... Thanks... Went just before dark tonight to check cams and put more donuts out.... Thought I heard something walking a little deeper in when I arrived... Must of been this guy, as the trail cam pic's showing him and me are minutes apart... Guess he'll be back later... Getting bigger but still not a shooter for me... Really surprised Mommy and her triplets didn't come back... I'll go back Sun. AM to check cameras and decide if its worth going Mon..
yogi 3.JPG

Fletch

Supporting Member
Going to bait now which will be the last time before the season opener tomorrow... Hopefully a nice one is on the cam... Gotta stop on the way back and pick up some Slick Trick's... Post some pic's later...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ok.... Went to check cams on the way, but had to stop at a sports shop to pick up my archery license.... Computer has been down since last night... Like WTF???? They didn't even have my Slick Trick's... So baited and stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home... Yup you guessed it computer still down... Woman in sports dept said 2 guys drove 8 hrs from Ohio to get license's and were turned away... Gotta be Murphy... Got home to find the same bear coming in twice every day during daylight hours... This is 3/4 of the game as they are mostly nocturnal... He's around 300 + or -... Guess if he shows up while I'm there hes coming home with me... What do you guys think???
sun.JPG
sun1.JPG

sun2.JPG
sun3.JPG

Fletch

Supporting Member
Dick... Its not as big as the one I've been after... But thanks to Murphy I can't hunt there... Average Jersey bear is probably 125-175 lbs... As a side note that Primos camera was $35 and it takes half way decent pic's.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Being that you have bigger bear on the wall and have chased bigger bear in years past I can see your hesitation to shoot this bear. For us here who don't get to see or chase them it's easy for me and the rest of us too say shoot it. I would be ecstatic to shoot any bear and would cross off a bucket list of animals to hunt.

When he comes out you will know what to do with him. I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to see how this season goes.