Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

N.J. 2018 Bear Season.....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Great story, Rich! That had to be one hell of an adrenaline rush! Congrats again brother [emoji41], and carry that success with you to Illinois!

Reactions: Fletch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks for the journey Rich, had a good time following along and it was great too get that call and hearing the emotions in your voice.... Helluva bear, you earned that trophy.... Congrats buddy....

Reactions: Fletch and Sgt Fury

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great writeup Rich! Congratulations buddy! I agree he looked bigger but like you said, still a very nice respectable Bear. Enjoy all that meat!👍🏻

Reactions: Fletch

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've been waiting to read this. A big congratulations to you Rich. Sounds like you have nerves of steel. Hope to see some photos soon.
749B6E5E-7DA5-4D85-9866-596BC46FC2CC.jpeg

Fletch

Supporting Member
I've been waiting to read this. A big congratulations to you Rich. Sounds like you have nerves of steel. Hope to see some photos soon.
Dick.... Didn't take many pic's as there were no nice open areas for a nice pic... That woods is nothing but tangles... Then the heat was a big factor, bears spoil very fast... One of the guys that came to help get him out brought 6 bags of ice that we packed the body cavity with... As for nerves of steel.... I was surprised I stayed so calm.... Check out the size of those front paws....

Reactions: "J"

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well the early portion of the season closed yesterday with a total of 139 bears being harvested... The biggest that I know of was 647 lbs... So considering that no hunting was allowed on state owned areas, hunters did pretty good... I'll be curious to see where in that total my bear fell weight wise... Everyone thought that skull wise he should make Pope and Young... I'm sure he will as he had a very large head.... Like I said to RedCloud anyone following this thread that wants to pursue a Jersey bear next year give me a shout and I'll point you in the right direction....