Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Camera!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Is everyone aware of who makes the internal parts for the primos cams??

I'm not sure 100% but I do remember seeing someplace that it was WildGame Inovations that makes the cams and Primos just adds a logo and sells them as thier own.

I can do some digging around and see what I can find out.

I think we need to show some pics off the cams in a new thread lmao :D.

Kaiser878

ohio
I'm not sure 100% but I do remember seeing someplace that it was WildGame Inovations that makes the cams and Primos just adds a logo and sells them as thier own.

I can do some digging around and see what I can find out.

I think we need to show some pics off the cams in a new thread lmao :D.

Adam, so what you are inferring is that WGI makes a cam for another company that works 10 times better than their own cameras? haha Wildgame innovation cameras as junk!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Adam, so what you are inferring is that WGI makes a cam for another company that works 10 times better than their own cameras? haha Wildgame innovation cameras as junk!

Exactly what I was thinking! I doubt that is the case because the Primos cams destroy the WGI cams without batting an eye. I thought I had heard it was Bushnell that was making the components, but you know how that is. Someone is cause it sure ain't Primos...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Exactly what I was thinking! I doubt that is the case because the Primos cams destroy the WGI cams without batting an eye. I thought I had heard it was Bushnell that was making the components, but you know how that is. Someone is cause it sure ain't Primos...

It's a little man named ming ling making them... Dang. lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

I had seen it somewhere when I was doing some checking before I got mine. I did say that I wasn't 100% sure on it though lol.

I am going with Jesse on this one though. It does look a lot like the case for the Bushnell Trophy cams just in a bigger size.

Being that it's Primos first year, I can't wait to see what they come out with next summer :D.

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
has anyone tried buying one of those 6v batteries and cracking it open? I heard there are something like 32 "aa" batteries inside them. I dont know how those batteries compare to the ones you get in a regular pack though.

I am planning on getting one of the rechargeable 6v batteries and giving it a try. I will be sure to let everyone know what I find out.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
you will void the warranty by doing that so i would suggest you at least wait till teh warranty is gone before modding the cam....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
you will void the warranty by doing that so i would suggest you at least wait till teh warranty is gone before modding the cam....

I don't understand why Primos doesn't sell the 6v and leads. They gave the cam an input port for one but sell none to go with the cam. :tantrum:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I don't understand why Primos doesn't sell the 6v and leads. They gave the cam an input port for one but sell none to go with the cam. :tantrum:

Cause they have not figured out how to charge 15 bucks for a 50 cent item and get killed....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

Where does it say that in the manual? I have read the warranty information in the manual and it doesn't say anything about hooking up a 6v battery voiding the warranty.

I just found a moultrie rechargable 6v battery with the solar panel charger at the den for just around $35 after taxes.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
if ya hack into it they are not going to cover it.. Are talking about the moultrie feeder battery? I have had mine over a year and it is still going strong...good battery at least for a feeder.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'm in the market for a camera. I'm very curious to hear how these Primos cams work for everyone. I have some cabelas cash that I jonesing to use.

Gordo

Athens County
I bought two of the 35s this past summer.

One complaint is that both cameras definitely make a little shutter noise when taking a picture. I read about this and think primos had fixed the problem, and I must have gotten a couple of the first ones that were made. Anyone know if they ever did fix that, or are your 35's doing the same thing?

1 of the 2 has also been really sensitive lately and taking way too many pictures with nothing activating it. It must be a sensor issue. I'm hoping to send it back and get a new one.

I still have my two scoutguards that I bought two years ago and work them pretty hard. The only advantage to those is the size, as the picture quality of the 35 has them beat.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I bought two of the 35s this past summer.

One complaint is that both cameras definitely make a little shutter noise when taking a picture. I read about this and think primos had fixed the problem, and I must have gotten a couple of the first ones that were made. Anyone know if they ever did fix that, or are your 35's doing the same thing?

1 of the 2 has also been really sensitive lately and taking way too many pictures with nothing activating it. It must be a sensor issue. I'm hoping to send it back and get a new one.

I still have my two scoutguards that I bought two years ago and work them pretty hard. The only advantage to those is the size, as the picture quality of the 35 has them beat.

$5 says the problem with the camera taking random pics in the SD card. I've learned this week that the Primos cams are super SD card sensitive. They operate best on San Disk 2GB cards according to most sources, even Primos. Get a San Disk card, then format it by turning the camera on and holding both arrow buttons down for a few seconds. This will format that card to that camera and it should fix the issue. I had the same problem and it is no longer an issue after formatting a new San Disk card to the camera.

As for the shutter noise, I've been told that you can call Primos and have them replaced under warranty. I plan on calling after muzzleloader and getting mine replaced. I'll let everyone know what happens. Also, if I like these 60's way better than the 35's, I'm going to sell both 35's after getting the shutter replaced (if that happens). So FYI TOO, I'll make a great deal on them...