Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
What sorta program ya run for the saugs at Indian ? Erie weather keeps being a bitch and I haven't went much this spring . Been debating about trying Mosquito for eyes/crappie or Indian for saug/crappie . Both are a decent drive from me .

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
What sorta program ya run for the saugs at Indian ? Erie weather keeps being a bitch and I haven't went much this spring . Been debating about trying Mosquito for eyes/crappie or Indian for saug/crappie . Both are a decent drive from me .
Trolling 5cm flicker shad 2.7 - 3mph @ 55' back to start with. I have a few general areas I hit first thing. As soon as I get a keeper, mark that spot and pound it. I dont stray more than 100 yards from it, usually running a paperclip pattern around it. If it dries up, hit other areas and repeat. Then return to those productive spots later. You can run boards out there successfully, but it gets kinda tight when guys see you netting. And its generally 6-7 fow wherever you run, so your baits are hitting bottom, and do get snagged up occasionally, therefore i run 30lb powerpro to my locksnaps, no mono. When I get snagged up, throw motor in neutral, real everything up, and get right above it and 99% of the time it pops free. I run 8.5 foot ML Denali Myriads out the sides and a couple spinning rods out the back. One around 65' so it clears the side rods. Then I run a propwash rig, maybe 12' behind the boat with a deeper diver, usually a 5cm Flicker minnow. That rig always gets a few keeprrs every trip

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Copy that . I have 30# PP on my dipsey and big board rods and usually run 12# mono on my planner rods . Smallest cranks I have are 9mm flicker minnows . But I guess I could order a few of the 5mm flicker shads . What's another couple cranks when ya already got 400 or so. Lol

Reactions: jagermeister

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'm not sure what I'll do . Its 2:15 to Indian . And 1:30 to mosquito . I can be to Huron/vermilion/Lorain at Erie in 1:30 and cleve area in about 1:10 . In a perfect world hopefully Erie is good but we'll see

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
No problem. If you do order some, the Cabelas colors have been hot, especially the Glow Purple Growler. Flasy Chartreuse, pink cougar, purple cougar, flashy clown, and Chrome clown are all producers. And pink lemonade