Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Fresh trout in Cherokee this morning. Going in the grease tonight.
20191019_091706.jpg
20191019_102640.jpg

Lucky

Sunbury
Had to work doing asphalt sealing yesterday and today. Wanted to hunt, but everyone knows how that goes. Wish i could hunt everday and say fuck work , but hunting doesnt pay my bills unfortunately. But got up a little earlear than normal to make it to shop in galena. Stopped by alum for bout 25 mins of throwing a jerk bait ..smithwick. Caught a decent bass and was content. Target saugeyes of course, but happy for bass in little time i had. Last cast pulled it in a little. Jek it around a little and pause for few... Went to pull it again and couldnt hardly move it, then it pulls. Fuck ya ....i got a nice musky. Its taken line and just plain heavy so was sure it was musky... Nice surprise when i get it in..... Big eye! Gota love fall saugey fishin. Tear up jerks and swimbaits all this month. The big one are feeding up. Heres pic of each.
20191020_073714.jpg
20191020_070521.jpg

Lucky

Sunbury
Guy I work with at times went to alum 2night, same spot i got the 26 incher and hooked one rite at dark. His biggest yet a fish ohio saugeye, 21 inch. I got him hooked on saugeye fishing this summer using jerk baits at dark, now. After that one tonight hes talking about going every eve this week. Ill prob hit after work tom or wed night. This is by far my favorite time to target them with big jerk baits. The BIG girls hammer them rite now till it ices over. Any one on here that wants to fish for them and doesnt know the technique of using jerk baits and swim baits for them ill be happy to show you how . its not every night out you get them. But this month chances are good youll hook into them.. And there better than walleye in my opinion.
20191021_190807_1571699319892.jpg

Lucky

Sunbury
Ya Indian is always a good bet this time of year. Wish i was closer too it. Hit alum again for a couple early this morn and missed one and hit one. The water us getting shallow because if winter draw down and they pump water to hoover wich is way down. Probly hit The water some time this week after work.
20191128_221627.jpg

Lucky

Sunbury
Got out rite at dusk and missed a fatty, thenmy buddy missed one then as soon as i bring one in a friendly asian fellow came and set up rite next too me . politely told him im kinda casting rite in front of you and he moved on down. Then cought another and another asain fellow did the same thing. Same thing, told him im casting along the edge and he did the same and moved down. Then missed another good one. By this time the bite started slowing way down that when another guy came down I left out about 730. Most times i have that spot to myself. Most people are fishing above the dam by the rocks. It was fri.night to so more people around. I dont care who fishes when or where, its public. But on a big lake dont have to set up 15 yrds from me. At least got 2 to put in frezzer. Have gone 6 times this fall without a skunk. Got 12 in frezzer with these 2 being the 2 smallest ive gotten. Thinking about hitting piers and jettys on Erie soon. Read reports that there doing good after dark on the jerk baits.
20191213_211910.jpg