Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Dad caught 2 good ones in a watershed by the house today on topwater. Don't knock the old john boat....he bought it from sears in 1968 ;)
1.jpg
RenderedI.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should add that Mason did catch some fish but spent most of his time creeping the shoreline looking for nesting bass. He hooked a couple but landed none. He did catch some saugeye.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Great evening J!

Mason and I ran down to a public access on Rocky tonight for an hour or so. I captured 10 crappie and 8 saugeye- they were all small but some of the crappie were impressive.

Oh I caught a 12” crappie as well, Shawn caught a bluegill that almost went over the boat on a hook set and a less than legal walleye....

Went out tonight to a local reservoir and had a blast, caught close to 20 keepers on a ned rig. They were hammering it on the fall. Best evening we’ve had so far this season. We have a tournament there in 2 weeks and if they’re still there we should have a good one
J that ned rig is the bomb.....even down here. I will be fishing it hard on Monday. I caught a few small keepers yesterday on texas rigged zoom finesse. The algae was to deep for the ned rig.

Reactions: "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
A5F4B47F-C313-4C04-A807-2A056DFD53CB.jpeg
D4C4BD57-C718-4953-A24F-A4AD6DF7F6B0.jpeg
808FA04C-8169-497D-B790-A24709502175.jpeg
6 bass all large mouth, 2 crappie, 2 white bass and a bluegill that went flying over the boat on the hook set 😂
Couple of the bass were 14” and the rest around 12”
One of the white bass were 15” and put up a heck of a fight 😂
Couple other boats were just putting in when I got there and had a similar day when I crossed their paths later on. Fished from 7:30 to noon today.... Not a bad day but all were males as the females haven’t moved up yet.....