Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

Creamer

Athens
Me and two buddies took a much needed weekend away in TN to do some trout fishing this past weekend. The TVA slapped us with a heavy generation schedule which meant unsafe wading conditions, so they basically told us:

That left us with small stream options NOT controlled by dams. We caught a lot of fish, they just ran small. Still, good time away with good people in a gorgeous area.

Lucky

Sunbury
Me and two buddies took a much needed weekend away in TN to do some trout fishing this past weekend. The TVA slapped us with a heavy generation schedule which meant unsafe wading conditions, so they basically told us:

That left us with small stream options NOT controlled by dams. We caught a lot of fish, they just ran small. Still, good time away with good people in a gorgeous area.

Looks like a hell of a good time. Beautiful fish. Did you guys catch\ release or do you eat any of the trout?

Creamer

Athens
Looks like a hell of a good time. Beautiful fish. Did you guys catch\ release or do you eat any of the trout?

C&R. The small stream fish, especially, tend to be pretty small. We've kept trout down there before from the bigger streams on our longer trips when we're doing more camp cooking. Fresh trout cooked in the coals of a campfire is the best way I have ever had it.

Reactions: Lucky

Creamer

Athens
I was in Florida last week to see some family. Saw some big lizards.

And a huge, HUGE, MASSIVE tarpon. For scale, the jacks beside him looked to be in the 20-25lb range.

I finally got a minute to cast a fly and started whacking little panfish while my son was playing on a nearby playground.

And then he shit his pants, had a meltdown, and we had to leave.

Big H

Medina
Last edited:
Reactions: MoonLab

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I just saw this. Awesome place!!! Where did you stay? We stayed at Secrets which overlooked the marina. It was really cool going to sleep listening to the sea lions barking. Did you have any sea lions jump on the back of the boat?
Yeah had one or 2 sea lions came up to back of the boat. Fed em few fishes. Pretty cool. We stayed at Pueblo Bonito Spa & Resort. Only a mile from where marina is at.

Reactions: Big H

Creamer

Athens
I was finally able to get back on the river yesterday for about 90 minutes. Caught 11, none of them small, it would have been a nice mess of fish if I didn't hate cleaning them.

This was the fly that did the damage, and has pretty much all fall/winter on crappie for me.

And right on time, three days of rain start today. So, I'll see the river this good again in maybe March-April. I also almost slid into the river down a muddy bank yesterday. Next time I won't use my fly reel as a mud axe.

Lucky

Sunbury
I was finally able to get back on the river yesterday for about 90 minutes. Caught 11, none of them small, it would have been a nice mess of fish if I didn't hate cleaning them.

This was the fly that did the damage, and has pretty much all fall/winter on crappie for me.

And right on time, three days of rain start today. So, I'll see the river this good again in maybe March-April. I also almost slid into the river down a muddy bank yesterday. Next time I won't use my fly reel as a mud axe.

Not a good place to slide into the water. Love all type. Of fishing Florida has, but the gators and bull sharks put a whole new adventure to fishing.

Reactions: 5Cent

Lucky

Sunbury
My bad..seen your post about being in Florida last week. Thought you were still down there. Still sucks to slide into the water in athens as well.😁

Reactions: Creamer