Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Official TOO Catch Thread

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
It was extremely foggy and David’s son Brandon saw way off in the distance one boat in the dense heavy fog. Brandon told his dad, wouldn’t that be crazy if that was Mark? David said, as big as this lake is no way, what would be the odds?!?! Sure as shit, as they drifted closer Brandon said, Dad!!!! I see Z-Train written on the side!!!! Lol
They met him a month or so earlier than this at the Bass pro in Fairfield at a met and greet and knew he loved fishing LSC and David’s wife shared some pics of fish the two have caught on Marks FB page. During the above encounter Mark found out it was their fish shared on his FB page. Lol
David wish he would have thought to show Marks friend the 35 year old Shimano rod/reel combo he still fishes with but being so in awe of the meeting he forgot. Lol
TOO GOOD moment for sure👍🏻
I remember meeting mark at Rossford Bass Pro when I worked there years ago. Super nice guy and very “real”. That’s a great story!!

Reactions: finelyshedded

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I look forward to crossing paths with Zona some day, KVD, eh....

We got Jimmy to setup our equipment tourney morning on Table Rock Lake. That was a bucket list check for my childhood fishing greats!
FB_IMG_1683399541800.jpg

FB_IMG_1683399538725.jpg

Last edited:

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
A friend and I floated a local Erie trib that gets a reasonable amount of bank pressure, but little to no kayak traffic this time of year. We were after smallmouth. We floated/ fished 9.89 miles in 8ish hours. Stopped once for 30 minutes to eat lunch, and wasted some more time portaging since the river was so low, and shallow most of the time. We estimated we caught 70-80 smallmouth between the 2 of us, and all but 5 came on topwater which was tits. Biggest fish was just shy of 3 lbs. This is the first time I’ve ever float fished this river, and I’d for sure do it again.
IMG_2182.jpeg
IMG_2175.jpeg
IMG_2174.jpeg
IMG_2170.jpeg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
20230527_120417.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pics. These are from yesterday at Indian Lake. Left with our 12 saugeye. Nicest stringers I've ever had from there. Caught around 20 legal fish over 15" and close to 70 total by my math. Most 14" or better. All within 200 yards of the ramp. Didn't get any pics today, but Left with our limit again, with quite a few big fish. Took a bit longer today, maybe half as many total fish. Trolling flicker shad 10-25 foot back in 4' of water

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Now that my kayak is registered after being expired for 3 years, I’ve been using it a fair bit. Found some new water, quality fish and good numbers. Post spawn largemouth munching bluegills. Half the fish I’ve caught have had a bluegill tail sticking out of their throat. A bluegill colored swim jig and a white hollow body frog has been the deal.
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2506.jpeg
IMG_2490.jpeg
IMG_2414.jpeg
IMG_2485.jpeg